Company: Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
Location: Irving, TX
Job Function: Financial Services
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is a part of the Federal Home Loan Bank System, created by an Act of Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on July 22, 1932, to provide capital for mortgage funding during the Great Depression.
The System has 11 banks around the United States, serving as an affordable, flexible source of funding for some 7,000 financial institutions. FHLB Dallas is one of these 11 banks.
The Community Fund Manager responsibilities include the evaluation, underwriting, selection, recommendation for approval and compliance for multiple programs, including the CDFI Fund applications, providing technical assistance to member institutions and community organizations concerning the CDFI programs as well as the Community Investment Program (CIP) and Economic Development Program (EDP). This individual will also promote and market the CDFI Loan Fund to CDFI members and assist in the preparation of related marketing materials. Serves as the primary departmental approver of all CIP/EDP advances and Letters of Credit (CIP/CICA Programs). Responsible for loan fund and other grant program targeting both member and non-member CDFIs.
- Establish and execute the CDFI Pilot Program. Complete pilot and coordinate integration of the CDFI Loan Fund as a primary economic development program for the Community Investment department.
- Conduct the analysis, review and recommendation for approval of CDFI Fund and Grant program applications. Make application approval/denial decisions for CICA programs.
- Provide technical assistance and training to member institutions, nonprofit organizations and community/government leaders on the features and uses of the programs and CIP/EDP advances.
- Analyze assigned program disbursement requests to ensure application is viable for funding. Disburse program transactions upon approval.
- Provide manager with updates and status reports on assigned programs.
- Create, analyze and present CDFI Loan Fund project status reports and other information to ensure that loan fund recipient’s loans are performing.
- Up to 15% travel required to participate in various speaking engagements and promotional appearances primarily to market the programs to members and the public. Coordinate activities and events with other departments such as Corporate Communications, Member Sales and Member Services as necessary.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of local, state and national programs that are involved in CDFI finance and Native CDFI housing finance; so as to provide assistance and update policies and procedures to ensure effective administration of the CDFI programs.
- Perform user acceptance and validation testing and maintenance of internal systems and applications related to the CDFI Fund and grant programs. Ensure implementation is in compliance with department internal controls, policies and procedures, FHFA regulations and Bank policy.
- Participate in the planning, organizing and updating of quarterly management reports as directed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in business, finance, economics or real estate preferred.
- 4+ years of financial analysis or credit underwriting expertise associated with small business lending, business banking, commercial finance or other demonstrated lending experience.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, presentation, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently as well as within a team structure.
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability and flexibility to travel and/or make presentations at the Bank and industry functions, workshop, conferences, conduct member visits, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the CICA regulations, Voluntary Program procedures and FHLB Dallas Affordable Housing Program Implementation
Compensation and Benefits
FHLB Dallas offers a wide array of benefits focused around you and your well-being. Benefits include monthly appreciation events, tuition assistance, an onsite gym and more. Visit www.fhlb.com/careers to learn more.
How to Apply
Visit www.fhlb.com/careers and select the “Open Positions” button on the right side of the page. From there, select the “Find Your Fit” button, which will take you to our Workday application portal. Find the Community Fund Manager job and apply today!