Company: Fifth Third Bank
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Function: Other
Make banking a Fifth Third better®
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Develop relationships with developers (for profit & not-for-profit) of low income housing tax credit projects and historic tax credit projects which will lead to investment opportunities in all Fifth Third markets; this position is accountable for monitoring the underwriting of the investment, presentation of the investment to Loan Committee, and closing the investment. The position is also responsible for the ongoing monitoring of the investments within their assigned portfolio.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain relationships with real estate developers in the low income housing tax credit and historic tax credit industry.
- Develop a procedure to uncover investment opportunities within the Fifth Third Bancorp delineated market area.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communications with key external and internal individuals and groups that deal with tax credits. These would include but not limited to: state housing finance agencies, state housing equity funds, accountants, attorneys, compliance auditors, commercial and real estate lenders, CRA Officers.
- Gather and analyze all necessary information to perform a thorough analysis of the investment.
- Make a formal recommendation as to invest or not invest; if not to invest, must make recommendation as to what changes would need to be made or conditions would need to be met in order to make a recommendation to invest.
- As directed, make presentation to loan committee on investment recommendation.
- As directed, concentrate on developing investment opportunities in key Fifth Third markets.
- Negotiate with developer’s investment terms and conditions that provide an acceptable return and protects the banks interest.
- As an officer of the CDC, as directed, execute documents to admit the CDC into the investment.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure completion of appropriate documents to close investments in a timely manner.
- Complete all ongoing monitoring of assigned portfolio and maintain written reports as outlined in the CDC’s policies and procedures manual. Work with management to assign appropriate risk ratings and monitor continuously.
- As directed, make presentations to community groups, Fifth Third affiliates or other organizations concerning tax credit investments and the role of the CDC.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have 5 to 7 years commercial lending, real estate lending, small business lending or a combination thereof; or, 3 to 5 years of proven low income housing tax credit investment experience.
- Strong communication and business development skills required.
- Ability to travel 3 to 10 days a month.
- Strong computer skills preferred
- MBA strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
Please submit a formal application: https://fifththird.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/53careers/job/Chicago-IL/Community-Development-Investment-Director-I_R22063-1