Locations: Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI
Job Function: Marketing/PR
IFF is a mission-driven lender, real estate consultant, and developer that helps communities thrive. Key to our success has been a deep sense of purpose, a broad perspective, and a relentless focus on achieving positive results. Across the Midwest we help clients from every sector, including human service agencies, health centers, schools, affordable housing developers, and healthy food grocery operators. Staff contribute extensive business experience and an unrivaled connection to the mission of IFF to the clients we serve.
IFF is looking for candidates with a commitment to the work we do who can demonstrate their creativity, diligence, enthusiasm, growth-mindset, thoughtfulness, and passion to make meaningful change in the areas of economic and racial justice.
Partnering to create thriving communities is at the heart of everything we do. We leverage knowledge, capital, and resources to advance equitable and transformational outcomes in under-resourced communities, guided by our commitment to be an inclusive, anti-racist and anti-oppressive institution that honors communities as asset-rich and as experts in their own stories.
The Communications Manager for Outreach will lead communications efforts that inform, inspire, and help to recruit applicants in support of a large early childhood education program. This role requires a broad skillset in writing, design, strategy, project management, and critical thinking. The ideal candidate is an experienced communications professional with top-notch writing and story-telling skills, the ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and with an asset-based lens, a commitment to and talent for solving problems collaboratively, strong project management skills, adept technological know-how, and an eye for graphic design.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Leads communications efforts for assigned program(s):
- Develops and contributes to overall program messaging and strategy that targets separate distinct audiences including providers, regional partners, and stakeholders.
- Creates and manages the process for development of all communications materials (collateral such as flyers, one pagers; toolkits; digital elements such as websites, e-blasts, social media; videos; presentations etc.).
- Makes and oversees updates to all communications materials.
- Supports external events, both virtual and in-person, by creating materials and assisting with event planning and coordination.
- Supports translation of materials into Spanish, Arabic, and other languages as needed.
- Contributes to the overall storytelling related to the progress made as well as insights into broader strategic issues.
Works closely with program team to ensure timelines and deliverables are being met.
Liaises with regional partners and consultants guiding the communication and messaging.
Contributes to thought leadership, newsletter, and other storytelling as needed.
Develops and completes an annual professional development plan, in consultation with supervisor. Maintains required job knowledge, skills, and core professional competencies. Attends and participates in required educational programs and staff meetings.
Performs other duties as required.
- Understand and effectively communicate IFF’s mission, business, and impact.
- Successful delivery of high-quality communications elements that are written well, crafted strategically, and aligned with IFF’s goals and branding.
- Execute assigned projects within the timeframe and goals established.
- Engagement with colleagues, clients, and partners embodies value of lifelong learning and professional development.
- Cultivates a culture of openness in information sharing. Encourages open communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge.
- Models personal accountability that promotes ownership and engagement.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues, peers, and team members.
- Values and supports differences in others, contributing to an inclusive work environment. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to create a collaborative, collegial, and caring community.
- High level of satisfaction with both internal colleagues and external contacts.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Previous Experience: Three to five years’ experience in communications required. Experience in and knowledge of nonprofit sector, community development, or early childhood education is strongly preferred.
Special Knowledge and Skills: Experience in content management systems such as or similar to WordPress and MailChimp; Microsoft Office; and familiarity with Adobe InDesign and PhotoShop. Familiarity with an asset-based communications approach. Bilingual (Spanish / English) preferred.
Additional Requirements: Regional travel may be required. Occasional evening and weekend work. Must be able to move 20 pounds. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time.
IFF does not offer relocation packages; must be authorized to work in the United States; IFF does not offer sponsorship.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Grade 3. This salary grade starts at $60,400
IFF also offers a great benefits package including:
- Medical plans (PPO, HMO, and HSA options)
- Dental plans (PPO)
- Vision discount program
- Pretax medical, transportation, and dependable care flexible spending accounts
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 401K plan with 5% employer contribution after one year of employment
- Employer-paid life and AD&D coverage
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability coverage
Other perks include:
- Professional development
- Flexible work schedule policy
- Summer Fridays policy
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume via https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=i5244&fs=1.0em