Company: Raza Development Fund
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
Raza Development Fund, Inc. (“RDF”) is a Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) formed in 1999 by UnidosUS, (formerly, National Council of La Raza), the country’s largest and longest-serving Latino civil rights and advocacy organization. RDF was created to advance economic opportunity, social mobility, and racial justice, especially for the Latino community. Our connection to UnidosUS and its nearly 300 affiliate organizations allows us to align our financing tools to a broader set of strategies targeted at combating systemic inequity at its roots.
Since inception, RDF has directly invested over a billion dollars, leveraging many billions more, in the areas of education, affordable housing, healthcare, social services, and entrepreneurship nationwide. Our investment strategy includes an ultra-high touch and value-added approach to supporting Latino-owned and controlled organizations that are closing education, health and wealth gaps for low-income people and communities.
Across RDF, our teammates care deeply about the success of our clients. To that end, we bring more than just capital to the table – we make key connections, provide valuable advice, design and lead structured financings, and deliver innovative solutions. As a certified Community Development Corporation, our due diligence process is decidedly values-based and forward looking while maintaining rigorous financial performance standards. We actively embrace complexity to capitalize on impact investment opportunities.
RDF is seeking a Communications Administrator who will work directly to support the activities of the Office of the President with a primary emphasis on supporting the Communications team. This position provides comprehensive support to the Office of the President and the Communications Team with administrative duties and event organization and implementation.
- Assists the Office of the President and Communications Team in scheduling and setting up internal and external complex meetings involving many participants.
- Assists the Chief of Staff in managing the President and CEO’s calendar. Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Exercises discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
- Assists the Communications Team in posting to social media platforms in a timely manner.
- Assists with light graphic design using Canva, preferred.
- Assists in the creation of the RDF Internal Newsletter in Constant Contact.
- Assists in onboarding and welcoming new employees, creating initial folder system including the Comms On-boarding packet: E-signature, Zoom background, and digital business card. Coordinates headshot and collects bio and information for the organizational chart. Collects questionnaires for the RDF internal newsletter.
- Prepares expense reports for the team.
- Arranges detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiles documents for travel-related meetings and industry-related conferences, as needed.
Event Logistics and Support
- Support the logistics and coordination of services for corporate and community event plans organized by the President’s Office and Communications Department. Including, but not limited to virtual events, holiday staff parties, board in-person meetings, morale boosters, employee appreciation, profit-sharing meetings, etc.
- Creates and maintains a database of community members’ contact information for online and in-person invitations.
- With the Communications Team, coordinates and executes RDF’s participation in the UnidosUS conference and other annual events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To succeed in this role, applicants should possess a mindset that embraces collaboration, innovation, problem-solving, and service. Applicants must also meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Excellent phone etiquette, verbal, and written communication skills. Practices quality communication and dialogue between staff, partners, and the community.
- Bilingual preferred, English and Spanish.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to online surfing, direct mail, print, and electronic advertising while adhering to RDF’s digital security standards.
- Must be able to multi-task while maintaining adaptability and flexibility for new projects.
- Organizational and time management skills. Complete work within established time frames in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand, apply, and use laptops and other electronic devices and software applications, Constant Contact, CRM tools (Sales Force), and Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and Word), Zoom Meetings and Webinar, and remote connectivity platforms.
- Effective problem-solving, critical thinking, analysis, and research skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information. Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent objectives, projects, or activities; and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Preferred experience in event logistics and support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or other related fields, and two to four years of related experience.
- Physical Requirements
- Works in standard office building environments.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to pack and assemble tradeshow booths.
Compensation and Benefits
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to: Rachel Jimenez, RDF’s Communications Manager, RDFjobs@razafund.org for immediate consideration.