Company: Artnet Worldwide Corporation
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Accounting
An Art company that combines tech and art.
Artnet is the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. We connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting our partners in growing their business online.
We are seeking a dedicated and reliable Collections Specialist (temp role, 6 months minimum) to join our Finance Team in our New York Office (currently remote). The Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. You must be highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets functions and formulas.
This position presents the opportunity to work in a creative, data-driven environment and work closely with the entire team to maintain and improve the integrity of all financial records. The Collections Specialist will report directly to the controller, working together as Artnet leads the way in the art industry.
- Review open accounts for collection efforts and work with the Finance, Sales, Client Services, and Auctions teams to clarify and resolve discrepancies
- Provide clients and internal teams with account statements upon request
- Prepare and schedule mail merge emails via Gmail as well as personal outreach emails to outstanding accounts
- Make outbound collection calls and send follow up emails in a professional and consistent manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Be the point of contact for all Artnet clients in regards to their outstanding balances, working with the customer support team, the dedicated client service specialist, and account owners to deliver a uniform message and suspend services when necessary
- Resolve client-billing problems and rescue accounts receivable delinquency, applying superb customer service in a timely manner
- Work with clients including, but not limited to, auction houses, advertisement agencies, galleries, appraisers, and museums
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Build, track, and provide insights on collections related KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to manage large volume of data using Microsoft Excel and Google sheets from various data sources
- 2+ years related experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and pleasant phone and email etiquette
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse personalities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Compensation and Benefits