Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Financial Services
Inclusiv is a non-profit and CDFI intermediary that drives investment, makes connections, builds capacity, and advocates for our network of member Community Development Credit Unions and the communities they serve. Our mission is to help low-income people achieve financial independence through credit unions. We provide capital, make connections, build capacity, develop innovative products and services and advocate for our member community development credit unions (CDCUs). Inclusiv members serve over eight million residents of low-income urban, rural and reservation-based communities across the US and hold over $99 billion in community-controlled assets. At Inclusiv, we believe that true financial inclusion is a fundamental right. Our mission is to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence through credit unions. We dedicate ourselves to closing the gaps and removing barriers to financial opportunities for people living in distressed and underserved communities.
Inclusiv seeks a passionate, dynamic, experienced professional with background in clean and green energy solutions, climate finance, and adult learning to lead the Climate Finance Training program at Inclusiv’s Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy.
The Inclusiv Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy was created in in 2019, in partnership with the Center for Impact Finance at the Carsey School of Public Policy at the University of New Hampshire (UNH). The climate finance training program was launched with generous grant support from the U.S. Department of Energy. Through this partnership, Inclusiv and UNH provide training and technical assistance in climate finance to Community Development Financial Institutions, Minority Depository Institutions, Low-Income Designated Credit Unions, green banks, and other mission-driven and community-based lenders.
In just over three years, this joint program has trained and guided over 700 lending professionals to develop accessible and affordable financing solutions for clean energy, energy efficiency, electrification, resiliency, and other green improvements. The training program has grown rapidly, and Inclusiv is expanding its training team.
The Training Director will be responsible for running all aspects of the climate finance training program. The ideal candidate will have led training programs that serve adult learners, preferably financial institution lending staff, with demonstrated interest and passion in training other lending professionals to create flexible financing vehicles to stimulate and grow the availability and deployment of clean and green energy solutions, particularly among low- and moderate-income residents and communities.
Based in our New York City office, the Director will develop and advise on in-person and online training curriculum for lenders, engage community lending professionals in a learning network, and support and guide the implementation of green lending programs. This role will report to the SVP, Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy.
The Training Director is a key member of Inclusiv’s Center for Resiliency and Clean Energy team, with responsibilities for designing and building green lending capacity at 100-150 financial institutions each year.
Specifically, the Training Director will lead all aspects of training program design and implementation, working in close partnership and coordination with the University of New Hampshire and colleagues at Inclusiv, including:
Training Strategy, Delivery and Schedule
- developing overarching training strategy;
- conceptualizing and building support for new courses, as needed;
- managing overall training schedule;
- developing curriculum for new courses and refreshing existing courses (in partnership with the instructors and with the University of New Hampshire);
- leading project management for all courses (currently five different courses that each run 2-4 times per year) to ensure that course planning, instructor preparation, and course execution run seamlessly (information on some of these courses can be found here: https://carsey.unh.edu/center-for-impact-finance/education-and-trainings/solar-green-lending-professional-training-virtual-series);
Instructor Recruitment and Management
- managing contracted instructors (finding, recruiting, building relationships with instructors, hiring them, contracting with them, ensuring all instructors are enabled to succeed, tracking their costs against budgets, reviewing invoices);
Communication and Promotion
- developing and delivering communications and outreach plans to recruit applicants for the training program through speaking engagements, social media, email campaigns, website, and other channels;
Application, Selection and Enrollment of Students
- reviewing hundreds of student applications each year to identify lending professionals that qualify for the courses;
- managing the student enrollment process and building relationships with students;
- tracking detailed enrollment information and preparing qualitative and quantitative reports for grants and investors;
Coordination with Colleagues at Inclusiv
- ensuring that all quarterly training goals and outcomes are met on schedule and on budget, including commitments to government grant programs, philanthropic supporters, investors, and other funders;
- partnering with Director of Development to produce grant reports;
- partnering with the Center for Resiliency Training Alumni Director to build strategy for supporting and building capacity of community lenders to serve their communities and grow their lending programs through ongoing training, technical assistance, guidance and advice;
- occasionally represent Inclusiv at industry events and speaking engagements; and
- other duties as needed and as projects evolve.
Position may require occasional travel across the US and Puerto Rico.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred (additional preference for applicants with degrees in clean energy, climate finance, and/or related fields).
- Commitment to Inclusiv’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial independence.
- Preference for candidates who have a commitment to, and, ideally, experience working with communities of color.
- 5-8 years relevant work experience in clean energy, climate finance, adult learning, project management and/or community development finance; with at least 2 years management level experience.
- Strong project management and organization skills; experience effectively managing multiple projects across different internal and external constituents to drive results.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build relationships with a diverse array of people and organizations.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, editing and proofing.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to rapidly review and edit written documents, including curriculum plans, lecture notes, PowerPoint decks, etc.
- Ability to work well in teams as well as independently; working comfortably across units and leading teams to achieve program goals.
- Comfortable shifting work priorities in response to changing market opportunities.
- Dedication to always producing the highest quality work and motivated to constantly seek new and better ways to reach goals.
Compensation and Benefits
USD $100,000 – USD $115,000 / year
In addition to a competitive salary, Inclusiv offers healthcare benefits including major medical, vision and dental. We also offer a 403B plan with a match after 1 year of full-time employment.
How to Apply
To Apply: We kindly request both a cover letter and a resume. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Inclusiv is an equal opportunity employer that works with member credit unions which serve ethnically, economically, and geographically diverse markets and communities. We value our diverse staff and membership and seek to maintain that tradition of diversity in all of our recruitment efforts. It is the policy of Inclusiv to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment to all employees or applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and any additional categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.