Company: New Hampshire Community Loan Fund
Location: Concord, NH
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
The New Hampshire Community Loan Fund, a community development financial institution founded in 1983, is nationally recognized as an innovator in the field of community development finance and has a rich history of providing access to capital to achieve home ownership, business growth, climate solutions, sustainable agriculture, child care, and cooperatives that secure and protect access to affordable housing.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds who share a passion for improving people’s lives.
We are looking for a talented and innovative lender to lead and grow our commercial lending team. The Chief Lending Officer oversees all aspects of loans made to borrowers including policy development, origination, underwriting servicing, and workouts. They will also lead exploration and implementation of new lending programs, products and improvements to our lending process.
- Direct and approve procedures, product development and credit standards.
- Supervise and evaluate the Asset Quality Director.
- Oversee all commercial loan collection activities.
- Oversee commercial loan portfolio management.
- Provide leadership relative to risk management; identify, manage, and mitigate situations regarding risk.
- Assist in development of policies and procedures regarding risk management while leading a culture that can innovate and respond to opportunities in a timely way.
- Assist with determining annual lending team goals and execution of those goals.
- Support program directors in their efforts to enhance current products and services and to plan new or expanded products and services to increase the mission impact and revenue of the organization.
- Provide back-up support to our cooperative housing and commercial lending staffs.
- Responsible for the Credit Committee, including preparation of annual schedule of meeting dates, review and preparations of materials for the meetings, coordination of attendance and quorums of the members, and supporting loan program decisions.
- Responsible for the monthly staff Portfolio Management meeting, including annual schedule of meeting dates, agendas, assignment of meeting facilitation, and supervision of the preparation of materials.
- Direct and coordinate, along with Senior Managers, regular revision and approval of the Community Loan Fund’s Financing Policy and related procedures.
- Develop and internally publish commercial loan portfolio management procedures, policies and guidelines and update as needed.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process for lending programs and services, focusing on systems/process improvement and technology in concert with front line leaders.
- Oversee use of loan servicing software.
- Recommend and update system and technology improvements.
- Ensure that all lending programs operate consistently and ethically within the Community Loan Fund’s values and mission, as well as in compliance with government regulation, industry standards and GAAP requirements.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines, including fair lending and ethical behavior.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum 7-10 years of community development finance, banking, and mortgage industry experience.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in all aspects of loan origination.
- Experience with loan origination and servicing software systems.
- Familiarity with loan documentation and loan disclosures.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range starts at $120,000.
The Community Loan Fund’s current benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, group life and disability options, health, and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts and our 401(k) Plan.
How to Apply
Please send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.