Company: Homewise Inc
Locations: Santa Fe, NM; Albuquerque, NM; United States, Remote
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
Are you an experienced leader of information system strategy? Consider a career with Homewise! We are a growing non-profit organization that is a leader in affordable homeownership and a developer of mixed-income communities. We empower our clients through financial education and create unique plans to help families reach their goal of becoming homeowners.
We are seeking a Chief Information Officer to serve as a strategic partner on the senior leadership team as the information systems leader of the organization. The CIO provides specific expertise and leadership in identifying, recommending, developing, implementing, and supporting cost-effective technology and information solutions to ensure MIS’s strategic alignment with business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All senior leadership team members work collaboratively to set and implement organizational strategy and direction while ensuring we are achieving our mission in a highly impactful and organizationally sustainable way.
Additionally, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for carrying out the following duties:
Enterprise-level System Architecture
- Lead the development of an enterprise-level information system to fully integrate all internal information, data, models, and work products to ensure data integrity, consistency, security, and ease of access.
- Identify and conduct an RFP process to engage a highly qualified consultancy to conduct a comprehensive enterprise-wide system assessment.
- Conduct a comprehensive system assessment across all segments and operations with outside experts to advise on company-wide system needs and develop the project plan to implement an enterprise system architecture to integrate all lending, financial, operational, document retention and sharing, CRM, and other systems.
Business & Impact Intelligence
- Lead the Business Intelligence & Impact Initiative to gather, analyze, compile and make accessible the data needed to identify trends and patterns, then make recommendations for business actions that may positively influence Homewise’s operations, impact, and future goals.
Actively recruit and hire a Business Intelligence Manager to:
- Synthesize cross-organization information to include external and internal financial, operational, impact, and customer data.
- Understand our efficacy at improving families’ long-term financial security through sustainable homeownership including purchasing a home the smart way, shaping good financial habits along the way, and helping owners manage their home assets with appropriate refinancing and home improvements.
- Incorporate a variety of relevant data sources to analyze longitudinal trends in client outcomes and incorporate improvements from findings to educational opportunities, long-term counseling, or other client-facing programs.
- Establish, track, and improve baseline organizational and operational efficiency measures
Oversee the IT Director and staff to:
- Ensure the continued development and improvement of tools and technology for employees to more efficiently and effectively perform their job. This includes continued improvements to Homewise’s Salesforce platform, mortgage loan origination software, and mortgage loan servicing software, or new software that would replace these systems. This also includes IT infrastructure to support our growth and provide security of our customer information.
- Enhance and customize Homewise’s CRM to further support the organization’s strategy and drive a positive customer experience, employee efficiency, and growth.
- Ensure that the IT infrastructure supports the safety and security of Homewise information and systems and that employees have the tools and technology to most efficiently and effectively complete their work.
To support our strategy for providing employees the tools to do their job, oversee technology equipment purchases to ensure proper use of Homewise resources. This includes employee technology equipment, conference room and meeting room tools such as video conferencing, phones and other tools.
- Strategic Thinking. Ability to envision the future of the organization, its impact and long-term sustainability. Be able to effectively articulate that vision to others.
- Varied and self-aware leadership style. Able to manage by influence, expertise, and authority.
- Flexibility and adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback. Ability to deal with brutal facts, unpleasant news, and difficult situations. Is honest with others and expects the same honesty in return.
- Results-driven. Goal-oriented with a track record of helping organizations in achieving ambitious goals.
- People leadership and coaching. Able to inspire and support both individuals and groups.
- Problem Solving. Makes insightful diagnoses for underlying issues and develops plans to improve performance.
- Decision-making. Ability to generate innovative ideas and be an active decision-maker to solve problems and move projects ahead.
- Communication skills. Able to clearly and simply present complex or conceptual issues, both orally and written.
- Listening skills. Lets others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints. Listens to understand.
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Ability to recruit, attract, develop and retain top talent for Homewise
Education and Experience:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum: 5 or more years of experience in leading the information systems strategy in a medium- or large-size company. 10 or more years preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Negotiable based on level of experience.