Location: Remote, All
Job Function: Finance
RUNWAY is committed to advancing Black resiliency for Black businesses and the communities they serve by building emergent financial practices and infrastructure that close the racial wealth gap for good. We are a national initiative that works to repair the structural inequities of the racial wealth gap by providing entrepreneurs of color early stage “Believe-in-You” funding and holistic business support that is the crucial foundation for business success and long term community wealth building. In partnership with investors, financial institutions, and the entrepreneurship ecosystem, we collaborate as an innovative means to bridge from the old economy of extraction to the next economy based on relationship and community regeneration.
We are driven by the guiding principle that capital can be used to heal, repair and connect. This principle informs all aspects of our organizational culture; from our lending and credit processes with our entrepreneurs, to the interpersonal working relationships within our team. We aim to partner and seek community with our funders interested in disrupting dominant systems and norms, and co-creating new experiments while at the same time, upholding a culture of self-care and restoration that we deem necessary for true systemic action.
The Chief Financial Officer is a new role responsible for the sustainability of RUNWAY’s financial infrastructure, lending and investment strategy, and capacity to grow our vision of emergent financial practices and infrastructure that close the racial wealth gap for good. This role will lead the RUNWAY team in designing, and implementing financial practices and structures across both our non-profit and for-profit loan fund.
Financial Planning & Strategy:
- Responsible for developing and implementing financial strategies and plans to support the organization’s mission and goals. This involves budgeting, forecasting, capital matching and financial modeling to ensure the organization’s financial stability and sustainability.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Administration Circle to develop, recommend, and implement strategies to ensure the organization has the financial resources to achieve its current and future goals.
- Provide financial insights and analysis to support strategic decision making by the organization’s leadership. They will assess the financial implications of new initiatives, partnerships, and growth opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategies to recognize and mitigate financial, operational, and reputational risks.
Financial Management & Reporting:
- Prepare and present financial reports, statements, and analysis to the organization’s leadership. They will also ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial information and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee a participatory organizational budgeting process, capital management, near and long-range forecasting Oversee loan loss reserve accounting, investment and cash management, accounting, purchasing, and insurance activities with a 501c3 accounting lens.
- Oversee selection of audit partner, audit readiness and annual Fund audits
- Monitor and analyze financial performance and organizations cash flow and lending needs, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategies to optimize financial resources.
- Assure funds are available at optimum levels per loan pipeline projections.
Compliance and Governance:
- The CFO will direct, manage, and support the preparation and issuance of the annual audit. They will ensure the organization’s financial operations adhere to legal and regulatory requirements, including tax filings and compliance with nonprofit and for-profit fund accounting standards.
- Administer, monitor, and recommend improvements to internal financial policies/procedures and investment policies to maintain adequate controls and services, and to execute or report on any transactions or information requests.
- CFO will maintain and coordinate the FInance Circle and supervise the outputs of work.
- The CFO will represent RUNWAY with key vendors including consultants, landlord(s), human resources, benefits, and insurance partners. Negotiate and manage consultant and vendor contracts related to audit, human resources, insurance, payroll, and benefits.
- Oversee administration of personnel, payroll, and administrative records.
- Maintain insurance coverage, including health and disability, general liability, professional liability, and D&O liability insurance policies.
- Maintain policies for Business Continuity
- Recommend improvements to RUNWAY’s employee benefits within the annual budget parameters.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the board of directors, finance committee, funders, investors, partners, consultants, vendors, peers, and other staff.
- 10+ years of experience in relevant finance and capital markets with technical and management proficiency in the operations of a financing organization. Minimum of 7 years of recent experience as CFO or equivalent in a lending organization preferred, 501c3 experience. .
- An exceptional team player committed to building a healthy and values-driven culture rooted in justice, collective liberation, and joy
- Excellent communications and relationship building/management skills; willingness to collaborate.
- Strong financial planning and analysis skills.
- Strong Excel skills, including forecasting and scenario planning.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze large quantities of data and translate this information into an understandable narrative format.
- Knowledge and experience with lending operations, loan funds, and nonprofit organizations are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with office administration and human resources in a small office environment are preferred.
- Adaptable and resourceful. A problem-solver who finds alternative ways to get the job done and bounces back from setbacks.
- Commitment to learning and understanding shared leadership and decision-making processes and practices.
- Project management and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Compensation and Benefits
$200k full-time salaried position with health insurance, vision, and dental benefits. Flexible work schedule and unlimited PTO.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 02/29/2024.