Company: Capital for Change
Location: Wallingford, CT
Job Function: Other
Capital for Change (C4C) is the largest full-service Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) in Connecticut ($9 million current annual budget, $101 million Total Assets). With support from our community-minded investors and partners, we serve people, nonprofits, small businesses, and public institutions. Our high-impact programs and products broaden access to affordable housing, energy efficiency and job opportunities for underserved communities. C4C’s business lines include commercial lending, consumer lending, third-party loan servicing and targeted community development services. C4C is committed to advancing racial equity and inclusion in every aspect of its organization. We hold ourselves accountable to this continual and intentional learning process.
C4C is seeking a visionary and strategic leader with a proven ability to manage a dynamic, high-growth, nonprofit organization and a commitment to racial equity and inclusion. The top candidate must bring a deep understanding of and extensive experience working with CDFIs. (While an understanding of the Connecticut community and economic development landscape is ideal, we welcome applicants who are eager to bring their expertise and energy to learning about our wonderful state and the communities that we serve.) The CEO must be able to cultivate relationships with aligned funders and partners (locally and nationally) to ensure financial resiliency and sufficient lending capital to reach the borrowers that we aim to serve. The CEO will continue to build an internal culture of inclusivity, transparency, diversity, and equity and will lead C4C’s efforts to ensure that current and future activities achieve greater equity and inclusion for the communities we serve.
Vision, Mission, and Organizational Leadership
- Lead the vision, mission, and day-to-day administration of the organization
- Collaborate with Board and staff to develop and execute a strategic plan that builds on C4C’s past success and evolves to meet the changing needs of the communities we serve using a lens of equity and inclusion.
- Foster an organizational culture that encourages diversity, equity, inclusion, and collaboration
- Model a shared leadership style and provide coaching, mentoring, and professional development for staff
- Engage the Board of Directors in regular communication to best leverage their time, expertise, and resources
- Develop and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, including community members, nonprofits, businesses, and government officials at the local and national level
Fundraising, Partnerships, and External Communications
- Oversee C4C’s fundraising strategy to ensure the organization’s financial sustainability and growth in critical lending capital.
- Serve as a key point-person for the impact investment and philanthropic communities in supporting C4C and identify new and diverse sources of lending capital and operational funding at the regional and national level.
- Manage and grow existing relationships with individual, corporate, foundation, and government investors and grant-makers.
- Cultivate partnership opportunities at the local, regional and national level for both co-investment as well as targeted programmatic efforts.
- Serve as the primary public spokesperson for the organization, representing C4C in local and national platforms including traditional and social media and industry events
Financial and Operational Administration
- Ensure C4C’s financial health and sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the programs and staff and within Board guidelines.
- Continually evaluate and enhance the organization’s operations, systems and policies to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of C4C various loan products and services while continuing to ensure equitable and inclusive impact.
- Oversee all regulatory and funder compliance, ensuring strong procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Expertise in community and economic development and a demonstrated commitment to our mission
- Experience in a senior leadership role at a mission-driven organization
- Successful record of leading and inspiring teams, building an inclusive and equitable organizational culture, and developing talent
- Adept with finance and lending structures and able to attract impact investments from public and private sources.
- Demonstrated record of building strong external relationships and creating collaborations to meet community needs.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders
Compensation and Benefits
Capital for Change provides competitive pay, a generous benefits package, and a supportive environment where you will be rewarded for your contribution to our success. The targeted annual salary range for this position is $175,000-$190,000.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter online here.