Location: San Diego, CA
Job Function: Relationship Management
The mission of Accessity is to open doors of financial opportunity to those with historically less access to capital and business support: entrepreneurs of color, women, immigrant, and low‐to moderate‐income entrepreneurs, enabling them to build a prosperous business and livelihood for their families, while also strengthening our communities with job retention/creation. With headquarters in San Diego, Accessity is a certified Community Development Financial Institution that offers small business loans up to $100,000 and access to a community of support to small business owners across Southern California (San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside and Imperial Counties). Please visit www.accessity.org for more information.
As a new member of the core leadership team, the Chief Business Development Officer will work to identify and lead initiatives for the organization’s growth/brand, including new revenue verticals, strategic partnerships to increase lead generation and geographic expansion, and will oversee the organization’s business development team, while working closely with marketing team. This position reports to the CEO.
This role seeks a leader who is:
- mission-driven and goal-oriented,
- comfortable in a fast-paced environment and flexible with change,
- passionate about building high-performance teams and culture,
- equipped to craft and oversee successful execution of sales and growth strategies.
- Develop and lead strategic partnerships with public and private sector community partners and financial institutions to increase top-of-funnel referral volume and Accessity’s reach to small businesses across Southern CA.
- Develop annual business development and growth strategy/ forecasts, and monitor/evaluate key performance indicators to drive the organization’s success in meeting financial and mission-impact goals.
- Identify and execute on sales revenue vertical opportunities for pipeline growth.
- Nurture and expand existing relationships, working with Business Development Manager to deploy business development team high-touch and visibility efforts with new and existing partners.
- Monitor sales funnel conversions and forecasts, ensuring timely and accurate business development and marketing efforts data capture and follow-up process management.
- Develop strategies and tactics with referral partners, including public/private sector partners and media across Southern CA geographic footprint.
- Work closely with Chief Credit & Operating Officer and Director of Strategic Initiatives on internal product/market development, operations execution, and process improvements.
- Conduct high-level organizational and data-informed presentations to both internal and external audiences and represent Accessity across Southern CA footprint at community events and meetings.
- Assess market competition and trends, making strategic recommendations to the leadership team to differentiate and enhance client value propositions and product offerings.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Communications to understand evolving market and key client segments, in order to enhance industry positioning and develop traditional and digital marketing strategies, including annual and multi-year objectives.
- Work with internal teams to ensure marketing initiatives alignment with growth strategies and support an increased brand awareness across Southern CA.
- Develop and oversee the business development teams’ KPI structure, performance, and incentives, and professionally develop the team to achieve goals and full potential.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of demonstrated successful sales/growth management experience, handling multiple high-touch relationships simultaneously
- History of developing and leading successful teams in dual results-driven and people/mission focused environments
- Minimum of 5 years of people management and leadership experience
- Experienced in small business lending & finance and in leading change management
- A track record of success in an account management position with the ability to engage, build and drive lead generation channels
- Proactive self-starter with strong organization and prioritization skills
- Innovator with a strategic growth mindset who can be nimble and flexible as economic conditions and organizational priorities change
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and passion for small businesses
- Strong data analysis skills and experience making data-driven decisions
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills and ability to excel in a team environment
- Strong presentation skills to internal and external audiences
- Foundational knowledge of lending platforms and/or other CRM systems
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Experience working in Los Angeles and surrounding Southern CA marketplace
- Experience with Salesforce
- Strong and relevant networks of community and corporate partners in the small business lending space
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Compensation and Benefits
This is an exempt, salaried position with competitive salary and full benefits package.
We offer a warm, inviting work environment with a culture that values diversity and inclusion, innovation, integrity, accountability, and mindfulness, and offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Our team is driven by our mission to create social and economic justice for all.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Packages
- Employee Assistance Program and Hotline
- Aflac supplemental insurance
- 403 B retirement plan and company match
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO/Vacation)/Sick package
- 1 Birthday & 1 volunteer paid day off
- Term life/disability insurance
- Company-paid training and professional development
This position is full-time and Southern CA based. Currently Accessity staff is working hybrid both in office and remote.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
Accessity is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Due to the high number of applicants for this position, we will only be able to personally contact those we would like to interview.