CDFI Program Specialist
Company: NCRC Community Development Fund
Location: , All
Job Function: Other
Established in 2007 and certified by the U.S. Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) in 2012, NCRC Community Development Fund (NCRC CDF) is a 501(c)3 whose mission is to help bridge the racial wealth divide in America’s underserved communities. NCRC CDF is a National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) subsidiary. NCRC CDF invests in affordable housing development and provides access to capital and business support services nationwide. We leverage our cultural competencies to support small business sustainability and access to affordable housing across the country, emphasizing Black, Latino, and low-income communities.
NCRC CDF is seeking a Program Specialist who is an exceptional multi-tasker that is goal-oriented and highly detailed. The Program Specialist will support the regulatory, compliance, and lending administration of the CDFI, including data-gathering for reporting purposes, grant applications, research, and other related tasks. Additionally, the specialist will support small business loan inquiries on an as-needed basis from application through underwriting, funding, and post-closing activities, manage existing borrower customer support, and provide overall program support within the small business and affordable housing programs.
Writing: Exceptional written skills, including the ability to write content, including articles, white papers, blog posts, and social posts, and to manage professional correspondence with third parties.
Organization: Adept at creating and implementing systems for the organization, individually and departmentally.
Initiative: Demonstrate personal initiative with a willingness to anticipate the needs of the ED and the department.
Behavior: Thriving in A Fast-Paced Environment & Working with An Equity, Inclusion, & Diversity Lens. Must display a motivation to:
• Work collaboratively within NCRC and externally 2) foster success for LMI entrepreneurs and LMI families.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
• Using judgment and skill to complete tasks.
• Working on multiple projects at once and juggling competing priorities.
• An emphasis on individual and teamwork to keep things moving.
• This position requires an individual who is especially detail-oriented and has strong organizational skills.
• Passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment.
- Fluency in additional languages is strongly preferred, with a preference for fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, Somali, Arabic, Farsi, and/or Amharic
- Applied knowledge of underwriting fundamentals and standard industry practices
- Understanding of basic financial principles and processes
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- 3-5 years of underwriting or credit and risk analysis experience preferred
- Experience with underwriting automation tools preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a remote working environment.
Salary: $65K, commensurate with experience
How to Apply