Company: Credit Builders Alliance
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Project Management
CBA is an innovative national nonprofit network dedicated to building the capacity of a diverse and growing network of hundreds of nonprofits (CBA members) across the country that helps low- and moderate-income households build strong credit and other financial assets. CBA was created by and for our nonprofit members as a bridge to the modern credit reporting system to help millions of individuals with low credit scores or no credit participate in the mainstream financial system by building credit. Learn more about CBA at www.creditbuildersalliance.org.
Work with the CBA Fund Manager to design, test, launch, and implement programs that build the capacity of nonprofits to offer small dollar consumer loans.
- Lead CBA Fund’s technical assistance programs for nonprofits that offer or would like to offer small dollar consumer loans. Each CBA Fund program provides any combination of the following: training, one-on-one technical assistance, mentorships, peer-learning cohorts, loans, and grants. This includes:
- Conducting outreach to publicize the programs and recruit nonprofit participants.
- Contracting with service providers such as mentors, trainers, and TA consultants and matching them with program participants.
- Interacting with all parties—including the nonprofit participants, contracted service providers, and CBA/CBA Fund staff—to ensure smooth program implementation.
- Planning and facilitating cohort meetings.
- Analyzing participant feedback to suggest program improvements.
- Contribute to the design, development, and launch of new capacity building programs by:
- Conducting elements of needs assessments such as focus groups, surveys, and interviews.
- Contributing to program design by working with other CBA/CBA Fund staff and subject-matter expert consultants.
- Developing training curricula with assistance from subject-matter expert consultants and CBA’s training team.
- Coordinating the new program development process to ensure on-time launch.
- Conduct other duties as required.
CBA Fund is seeking individuals with a wide range of competencies. However, we will consider candidates that possess most but not all of the following:
- Project management
- Curriculum development (i.e., training materials, e-learning modules.)
- Experience with group facilitation and providing one-on-one training.
- Lending experience, preferably consumer loans (may include loan officer, underwriting, portfolio management, loan servicing, collections, providing technical assistance to borrowers at risk of delinquency or default)
- Ease with networking, outreach, and participant recruitment.
- Grant application and review process (may include drafting and marketing Requests for Applications, overseeing proposal review and selection processes)
- Sufficient comfort with technology including but not limited to Excel, Salesforce, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, Canva, and Slack.
- Strong writing skills
In addition, we prefer candidates with any of the following skills/experience:
- Qualitative research, including organizing and facilitating focus groups, scheduling and conducting interviews, identifying key themes/findings
- Basic quantitative data collection and analysis (for example, calculating sums, averages, percentages in an Excel spreadsheet)
- Familiarity with online learning platforms
- Program design
- Knowledge and experience in credit building and credit builder loans
- Loan underwriting
- New loan product development
*CBA requires a COVID-19 vaccination for all in-person business. Therefore, all employees are required to present proof of vaccination status upon hire unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption.*
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary $52,000 – $64,480
- CBA offers competitive health, dental, and vision benefits, short- and long-term disability, a Flexible Spending Account, 403(b) retirement savings-plan with employer match, and generous paid time off and holiday policies.
How to Apply
For full consideration, click on the following link to apply: https://creditbuildersalliance.rippling-ats.com/job/478525/cba-fund-senior-specialist