Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Function: Business Development
Ascendus is a nonprofit small business lender working to create economic opportunity by providing entrepreneurs with access to the capital and the business support they need to create and grow healthy enterprises and contribute to thriving local economies. Since 1991, Ascendus has provided almost $300 million to over 35,000 small business owners across the country. Learn more: https://www.ascendus.org/
MISSION OF THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
To build a new market presence by generating 60 loans a year over $700,000 a year. The Business Development Officer will report to the Lending Manager and will work closely with lending teams to stay abreast of product guidelines and processes.
- First 30 days have developed a stakeholder and referral partner outreach plan that compliments the industries served and products offered by Ascendus
- First 60 days create collateral and map out a leafleting campaign to target areas
- First 90 days have met with key stakeholders and referral partners and begun implementing the leafleting campaign.
- Generate 15 applications a month with a 30% conversation rate (from application to close).
- Close 2 loans a month
- Strategic thinking/visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Communication. Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills as well as the proven ability to work at all levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisor to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Delegates effectively while remaining accountable to rigorous performance objectives
- Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Believes in our organizational values: https://www.ascendus.org/about/
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary depending on experience
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premium plan offerings (savings of $6K – $12K per annum)
- Robust medical plans with $0 deductible and 0% co-insurance options are available
- Each employee receives a $1,500 employer-paid HRA card for a wide range of medical-related expenses such as co-pays, prescriptions, etc.
- Eligible for 401(k) participation after thirty (30) days of employment
- Participation in Success Share Plan (a profit-sharing program)
- Summer Friday’s
- Parental Leave Plan
- 13 paid holidays and generous paid time off policy
- Annual company-funded offsite retreat
How to Apply
Click here to apply!