Company: Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC)
Location: Worthington, MN
Job Function: Accounting
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a nonprofit organization that provides economic opportunities for Latinos in Minnesota by offering ongoing business development technical assistance, access to lending capital, and training business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs with relevant skills and technologies. LEDC has been engaged in this work for nearly two decades and, as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), can raise capital from a wide range of philanthropic, corporate, and governmental sources to invest consistent with the mission, goals, and activities described above.
Based in Southwest Minnesota (Worthington, Glencoe, Willmar, surrounding areas), the Business Development Associate will help expand LEDC’s strong client relationship culture through ongoing customer contact, quality customer service, and superior services knowledge in the southwest region of Minnesota. This position will perform specific business development duties as identified by LEDC’s Business Development Director and required under specific Grants, Government Contracts, and RFP’s. Key activities include providing technical assistance and training in Southwest Minnesota to aspiring, micro and small business owners in areas such as business feasibility, formation, regulations and compliance, access to capital, operations, marketing and finance.
- Conduct outreach and assess aspiring entrepreneurs’ strengths and opportunities in order to collaboratively create a work plan with the purpose of acquiring skills relevant to manage a successful startup business.
- Guide aspiring entrepreneurs in the process of creating a startup business, which includes providing regulatory, operational, marketing, financial, real estate and access to capital technical
- Provide regulatory, operational, marketing and financial, real estate and access to capital technical assistance to business owners with the purpose of improving business revenue and
- Underwrite business loan applications according to LEDC’s internal policies, and engage with LEDC’s Lending Department and collaborating lending organizations with the purpose of breaching prospective entrepreneurs and business owners with working capital.
- Refer prospective entrepreneurs and business owners to professional legal, commercial real estate, commercial insurance, website design and tax advice.
- Serve as liaison between city/county inspectors and prospective entrepreneurs and business owners to solve licensing issues.
- Conduct business trainings to a cohort of 20 to 50 participants, as directed by LEDC’s Business Development Director.
- Maintain constant open communication channels with all members of LEDC’s Business Development Team.
- Collaborate in various intra-organization projects, requiring close interaction with LEDC’s Agriculture and Lending Teams.
- Maintain detailed notes of all services provided in the designated Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and in other reports systems as needed.
- Update and maintain records of services provided in compliance with LEDC’s commitments under specific Grants, Government Contracts and RFP’s, Federal and State Data Practice regulations, including key output and outcome measures.
- Develop relationships with collaborators, including: local businesses, commercial property owners, banks, local government, and others involved in small business Represent the LEDC through involvement in initiatives led by the local governments, business associations, and philanthropic community.
- Support Marketing and Communications efforts by capturing photos, videos, and stories of LEDC clients and members, as requested and as relevant.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related
- Two years of experience working with small businesses either as a consultant or in management, a plus.
- Experience working with underrepresented
- Bilingual English and
- Valid Driver’s
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience with computer programs that support the development team, including Microsoft Office (Xcel +) and Teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build connections with local communities and
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent objectives, projects, or activities and work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent listening skills, curiosity and willingness to learn with an open
- Self-motivated and willing to drive new projects through the finish
Compensation and Benefits
$50,000/year plus excellent benefits (Blue Cross Blue Shield, flexible PTO, smartphone allowance, etc.)
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to John Ramirez at email@example.com.