Company: Small Business Assistance Corporation
Location: Savannah, GA
Job Function: Business Development
Small Business Assistance Corporation (SBAC) is a 501c3 Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) specializing in loans and technical assistance for new and existing small businesses. We are located in Savannah, GA, but service Southeast, Georgia and the Low Country of South Carolina. We offer a variety of Loan Programs ranging from $1K to $5.5M through various federal and non-federal sources: The U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Micro, Community Advantage, and 504 loan programs; United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and the City of Savannah CDBG Revolving Loan Fund.
SBAC has been in operations since September 1989 with a continued mission to provide services to underserved markets such as women, minorities, rural, and veteran-owned businesses.
The Small Business Advisory Services Coordinator provides management and technical assistance support to current and prospective small business clients. The Coordinator will assist with business consultation and guidance to local services to assist in the growth and development of small businesses at all levels.
The duties and activities of this management position (with support staff) include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the effective delivery of Management and Technical Assistance services to micro and small business clientele:
- Assessing the clients’ business needs and capabilities and assisting them in developing business strategies for success.
- Designing and implementing education and training programs to help individuals start, manage, and operate a small business.
- Coordinating with other business assistance organizations/resources and private sector professional vendors to maximize the programs’ benefits for borrowers, i.e., SCORE Mentor Program.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to build Business Support System awareness in the minority business community and other targeted business sectors.
- Maintains records to substantiate periodic status reports for internal and external uses. In addition, the manager must know all federal regulations (i.e., SBA) that would impact any part of their job performance.
- Manages information clearinghouse operations in the SBAC business assistance program.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and technical assistance efforts provided and implement efforts to enhance quality.
- Any other duties assigned by the Vice President that they determine to be appropriate.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or experience determined to be equivalent or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the fields.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate to qualifications: $50K – $55K per year, including benefits package.
How to Apply
Company’s website: https://sbacsav.com/join-our-team/
Upload and submit your resume to the company’s website.