Company: Pathway Lending
Location: Nashville, TN
Job Function: Financial Services
Pathway Lending is a Community Development Financial Institution located in Tennessee with offices in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Memphis. Our mission is to provide lending solutions and educational services that supports the development, growth, and preservation of underserved small businesses, affordable housing, and sustainable communities. We are financing businesses and strengthening communities. We connect our clients with the resources they need to seed innovation and investment to create jobs and generate wealth in economically underserved communities.
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending and under the general supervision of the SVP Educations and Entrepreneurship, this position provides support in administrative areas. The Financial Analyst is primarily responsible for the intake of financial information of Pathway’s clients into Sageworks and completing financial spread on that information to assess the degree of risk in existing client relationships. The Business Advisor will provide pertinent business and financial insights to clients and serve as a liaison between the client and other Business Advisors, Credit, and Lenders to create and implement strategies for growth and sustainability.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Analyze client’s financial statements and tax returns within Sageworks helping to assess risks in client business, guiding clients towards more secure financial strategies and decision-making.
- Complete financial analysis for annual reviews of high-dollar clients to provide them with insights into their financial health, enabling informed business decisions and strategies for growth.
- Serve as a liaison between Business Advisors, Credit Department, and clients for financial analyses ensures clear communication and cohesive financial planning, benefiting clients with a streamlined and coordinated approach to their finances.
- Certify data integrity through ongoing verification and working with Business Advisors to update Sageworks with the latest financial information guarantees that clients receive advice based on accurate and current data, leading to more effective financial management.
- Monitor KPIs and other relevant client business information to prepare internal reports aids in identifying financial weaknesses early on, allowing for timely interventions and risk mitigation strategies to protect client interests.
- Establish and leverage cross-functional partnerships within the organization to enhance the quality of service and support provided to clients, ensuring a comprehensive approach to their business needs.
- Perform financial analysis to provide meaningful information increases clients’ financial literacy, empowering them to make more informed and beneficial decisions regarding their business finances.
- Create and maintain client and milestone information in systems like Salesforce ensures accurate and efficient tracking of client progress, enabling personalized and effective support tailored to each client’s unique business journey.
- Perform other assigned duties contributes to the overall objective of providing top-notch service and support, ultimately benefiting clients through comprehensive and dedicated financial guidance and assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Ability to provide excellent customer service with clients, partners, stakeholders, and team members Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, and ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools. Knowledge of small business and commercial loan documentation, strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy, strong understanding of accounting and financial modeling, excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to work within a team atmosphere in a positive and productive manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or economics is required. One year of credit review, underwriting, or portfolio management experience is preferred. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits include: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Account, and 401(k) Plan. Fourteen recognized holidays per year and two weeks paid vacation to start.
How to Apply
Send resumes to: Admin@pathwaylending.org