Company: Pathway Lending
Location: Nashville, TN
Job Function: Project Management
Pathway Lending is a Community Development Financial Institution located in Tennessee with offices in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Memphis. Our mission is to provide lending solutions and educational services that supports the development, growth, and preservation of underserved small businesses, affordable housing, and sustainable communities. We are financing businesses and strengthening communities. We connect our clients with the resources they need to seed innovation and investment to create jobs and generate wealth in economically underserved communities.
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending and under the general supervision of the SVP Education and Entrepreneurship this term position is responsible for providing strategic advisory services and direct business consultation with a focus on the construction/development project financial services sector. The Business Advisor seamlessly integrates financial acumen with construction project management expertise to ensure the success, financial viability, and risk resilience of Pathway clients. The position is supported by funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides strategic advisory services and direct business consulting, incorporating financial forecasting, accounting system implementation, key performance indicator utilization and cash flow management tailored to the unique needs of clients with construction/development projects.
- Reviews plans and specifications to estimate entire projects or specific scopes, trades, or divisions, ensuring meticulous attention to detail and adherence to project budgets and timelines. Maintains an appropriate on-site presence to provide oversight and assistance to clients and help resolve or mitigate constructions issues as they arise.
- Assists small business clients in financial planning, budgeting, and risk management, emphasizing development/construction projects, project timelines, quality, completion, project budget, sub-contractor and vendor management, and expense monitoring. Identifies opportunities for cost savings and proactively assesses and mitigates financial risks associated with development projects.
- Collaborates with external construction business consultants, including accountants, attorneys, and marketing professionals, to establish a referral network for clients of varying scales.
- Works closely with the Portfolio Manager to gather client data and develop risk mitigation strategies for construction projects of diverse scopes.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Ability to provide excellent customer service with clients, partners, stakeholders, and team members Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, and ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools and continued professional development in industry trends, regulations, and emerging technologies. Knowledge of small business and commercial loan documentation, strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy, strong understanding of accounting and construction financial modeling, ability to accurately read and analyze plans and specifications for project calculations and management purposes, excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to work within a team atmosphere in a positive and productive manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Construction Management, or a related discipline is preferred. Certifications as Project Management Professional or Certified Construction are required. One year of credit review, underwriting, or portfolio management experience is preferred. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary:$85,696 (paid via hourly rate)
How to Apply
Send resumes to: Admin@pathwaylending.org