Company: Latino Community Credit Union
Location: Durham, NC
Job Function: Financial Services
As a community development financial institution, Latino Community Credit Union (LCCU) is the ideal option for people passionate about empowering other people through their work. Our vision is to ensure economic opportunity for all by providing our local communities with ethical financial products and services. We also share a passion for education, which we proudly reflect in our member-owners and employees.
The Loan Officer examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of member applications for consumer and credit card accounts by following LCCU policies, procedures and best practices. Works with members to help determine their needs and affordability of consumer loans based on LCCU mission and core values.
Member Service: Provides a positive member experience by interviewing candidates to understand their needs, and offering solutions that align with LCCU’s mission, vision and values to create fully engaged financial relationships with members.
- Explains the loan process, and requests specified information for loan applications.
- Maintains contact with the member throughout the loan process.
- Learns and applies LCCU service model concepts with members; is professional and polite in all interactions.
- Promotes, explains, and sells other credit union services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, debit and credit cards, Online Access, cashier’s checks and others.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of all credit union products and services, including deposit accounts, loans and promotional products and services.
- Fields member questions regarding loan products and provides basic information about mortgage loans.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledgeable about credit union products and services and how they compare with other financial institutions.
- Applies code of ethics and confidentiality in all circumstances.
Loan Analysis: Review and analyze member applications and financial status to recommend approval or denial of loan applications based on internal/external loan policy, rules, regulations, and LCCU’s lending philosophy.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of applications for consumer and credit card accounts.
- Complies with LCCU loan policies, guidelines, procedures and best practices.
- Knowledgeable about State, Federal regulations and LCCU policies/practices regarding collection and charge-offs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of credit scoring models, reviewing credit reports and Fair Credit Reporting, standard loan products and the consumer lending industry in loan analysis.
- Grants advances on pre-approved credit ceilings.
Loan & Office Administration: Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate and loan data for approved loans is in appropriate systems. Supports recovery and collections process.
- Obtains appropriate documentation to support the loan, and accurately originates loan documents.
- Participates in past-due loan collection and maintains accurate reports of collection efforts.
- Provides service support in MSR functions such as new membership, accounts, changes, and wire transfers.
- Trains in the mortgage process, possess knowledge and support the mortgage loan function.
- Moves to and change branches within the region as required.
- Participates in community events.
- Completes assigned training, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; 3-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional working proficiency in English and Spanish as required by position.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and an aptitude for developing member confidence respect and trust.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other software platforms.
- Must be a team player with ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to analyze and comprehend member financial information and provide advice and options.
- Excellent communication skills with internal team and external vendors.
- Ability to manage time with strong organization skills and keen attention to detail.
- Proven ability to creatively and proactively solve problems.
- Ability to learn quickly and work efficiently.
Compensation and Benefits
We provide a challenging and friendly work environment as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including an employer-paid medical insurance plan, 401(k) plan (with a substantial company match), employer paid life and disability plan and generous paid time off to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Latino Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link: