Associate, Member Relations
Company: Opportunity Finance Network
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Relationship Management
OFN has a wonderful opportunity for an emerging talent to join our dynamic Member Relations team! In this role, you oversee an assigned portfolio of members and build and maintain strong relationships with them. This opportunity provides you with a chance to work collaboratively across OFN to help organize events, share information, highlight existing members, onboard new members, and identify opportunities to provide additional value to the membership. If you are interested in a career in the CDFI industry, this is a great place to start.
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs headquartered in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 390+ member CDFIs to drive transformational change in financially underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesn’t reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently, OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $150 million and manages capital on-and off-balance sheets of nearly $1 billion, and has plans to bring an additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit: https://www.ofn.org/
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you:
- Have a passion for the mission and are a true believer in our core purpose.
- Have courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Are a smart, quick seeker of knowledge who thrives on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean into all areas of our work.
Come be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. At OFN, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply nonetheless. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Develop and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with an assigned portfolio of member CDFIs while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the assigned members and CDFI industry trends.
- Ensure proper member onboarding, including processing applications and maintaining clean, complete, and accurate database records with data integrity.
- Promote existing members by producing articles and blog posts highlighting their work.
- Assist in organizing and executing yearly Regional Meetings and site visits nationwide, as well as additional virtual and in-person events.
- Facilitate the annual member dues renewal process and member survey process, including data collection and cleaning of financial and outcome data.
- Encourage and facilitate the utilization of membership benefits.
- Collaborate across teams to maintain current membership marketing material: one-pagers, website content, and social promotion.
- Provide excellent customer service to all member CDFIs and related stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain prospective member list and recruit CDFIs to join OFN membership.
- Contribute to organization-wide activities and programs as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience, including internships, required.
- Experience in the CDFI industry, nonprofit sector, trade association, community development finance, or account management is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in finance or small business and housing lending is helpful.
- Experience organizing virtual and in-person gatherings is beneficial.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to build strong business relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Digital literacy to navigate workplace technology.
- An eye for detail and excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a flexible collaborative team player is required; Be a strong team contributor, effective and comfortable in leading as well as supporting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with ease and efficiency under moderate supervision.
- Ability to work constructively with a diverse audience.
- Comfort working in a small office environment.
- Light to moderate travel required (5-10% of time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond the ability to travel.
How to Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume here.