Location: Wilmington, DE
Job Function: Financial Services
Who we are
Cinnaire is a mission-driven organization. Our team of more than 130 individuals are united by our core purpose. As dedicated problem solvers, we start each day thinking ‘what kind of difference can we make in people’s lives today?’ and then go about revitalizing communities, empowering individuals and creating economic opportunities.
What we do
We get involved. We spend time on the ground in the communities we serve, getting to know the people, understanding their challenges, and devising out-of-the-box solutions. Ours is a people-first approach to advancing communities. As a community development financial organization, we provide creative capital solutions to projects with high social value that may not otherwise receive support from traditional financial institutions. Our toolkit of services includes programs that lend funds, finance development and manage and build all the components of healthy communities.
How we do it
We help community development organizations, lending partners and socially motivated investors accomplish goals in underserved communities. We fill gaps in community development funding by leveraging capital from public and private sector organizations and bringing expertise to communities that need it most.
Where we serve
Since 1993, Cinnaire has funded affordable housing developments and community development initiatives throughout the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states. Headquartered in Lansing Michigan, we have offices in Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI:, Milwaukee and Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; and Wilmington, DE, while providing financial and development support across our nine-state footprint including Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.
The Associate Equity Analyst provides financial data entry for Cinnaire’s underwriting of real estate equity investments, and affordable and market rate housing. The Associate Equity Analyst prepares financial proformas of the proposed investment and assists the Equity Analysts throughout the underwriting process.
- Prepares and updates financial proformas for potential real estate investments as requested.
- Performs quality assurance monitoring for financial modeling of proposed developments.
- Documents factors of the proposed investment that differ from standard underwriting guidelines and criteria.
- Ensures the efficient transition of completed financial proformas to Cinnaire’s Analysts.
- Enters initial investment and loan data into Cinnaire databases.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 4+ years of experience in data entry, analysis or Excel-oriented professional work OR related associate degree (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or Real Estate/Urban Planning) and 2+ years related experience OR related bachelor’s degree (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or Real Estate/Urban Planning)
- Strong Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Database) skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances; does not limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Resource Optimization: Applies knowledge of internal structures and existing talent to accomplish a goal.
- Self-Development: Operates with the mindset of continuous improvement; embraces career development, learns and updates skills.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Manager, Equity Analysis
Supervisory Relationship: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: 10%
Compensation and Benefits
Cinnaire offers a competitive benefits package.