Associate, Data & Insights
Company: Equitable Facilities Fund
Locations: New York, NY; , Multi; , All
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
About Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF)
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing public charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost loans combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
To date, EFF has invested nearly $1 billion in schools serving over 60,000 students, providing them with funding to amplify their impact. Equity is at the core of our mission, and we seek to create opportunity for students and communities that have traditionally been denied access to high-quality public schools. In 2023, we will launch EFF’s Fund II through which we will commit an additional $2 billion with increased prioritization for early-phase schools and schools run by leaders of color.
If you’re seeking to have a community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The Associate, Data and Insights will be the first full-time EFF team member solely focused on data and insights. This role will optimize EFF’s lending, capital raising, and operational practices and amplify our efforts to ensure all high-impact schools in historically marginalized communities have a pathway to affordable facilities. Reporting to the VP of Finance and Data, the Associate will play a significant role in designing, implementing, and managing EFF’s data systems. The ideal candidate will possess excellent problem-solving skills, enthusiastically approach the sometimes-ambiguous work of a start-up, and contribute to a collaborative, team-oriented culture of excellence.
Who You Are
- You believe all children deserve a quality education. You want to promote opportunity for children across the US and believe education and financial access are critical aspects of flourishing communities.
- You like solving complex problems. You get excited about finding streamlined, simple solutions to complex problems, like how to standardize data from 20+ different sources that all have different data protocols. You enjoy the challenge and derive energy from nitty-gritty work that serves the broader mission.
- You keep an eye toward the long-term. You always look down the road when approaching problems and systems build. It’s good to solve for today’s needs, but it’s much better to create solutions and systems that will serve a fast growing organization like EFF far into the future.
- You are curious about the data and what it means. You understand nuances and strive to get the full story versus starting with an answer and looking for trends to support that answer.
- You are a great project manager. You’re capable of developing and managing complex initiatives touching multiple facets of the organization. You keep things moving, appropriately seek feedback from key stakeholders, and manage to deadlines.
- You remain consistent but flexible. You believe that greatness is achieved by showing up and doing good work consistently, every day. There are no hacks to building something that will last. You also have the ability to pivot from original plans when circumstances dictate.
New York City, NY residence preferred but not required. This role is remote but expected to travel to NYC or other locations throughout the US approximately 3-4 days most months.
The Associate, Data and Insights will report to the VP of Finance and Data.
What You’ll Do
- IT & Systems Strategy & Implementation
- Work closely with the VP of Finance to design and implement the 2.0 version of EFF’s data tools that will amplify EFF’s ability to invest equitably and raise capital for the benefit of schools and children.
- Manage Salesforce, SQL, and PowerBI platforms to support business development, lending decisions, investor management, and internal goal tracking.
- Work cross functionally with the EFF team to ensure we have a cohesive data approach that meets varied needs.
- Redesign outputs and systems for data reporting to ensure team-wide access to key data and insights.
- Designing and Building Processes and Procedures
- Codify existing IT and data systems processes.
- Create and/or evolve IT and data systems processes to support new strategy.
- Academic Data Collection and Analysis
- Support analysis of potential and existing borrowers by collecting, cleaning, and disseminating state test data to EFF team members.
- Utilize EFF’s state test database to build automated reports for evaluating school performance for schools at various phases of their growth trajectory.
- Operational Data Management
- Assist with day-to-day data management, including data uploads, intersystem data syncing, data quality control checks, and reporting needs.
- Continuously evaluate data collection methods and search for opportunities to improve and/or automate.
- 2-3+ years of professional experience in data management or related roles
- Unyielding commitment to EFF’s mission to ameliorate educational, financial, and racial inequities
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; information technology, information systems, computer science, information science, data mining, or computer engineering majors encouraged to apply but not required
- Experience building, using, and/or maintaining data and reporting systems
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with Salesforce preferred but not required
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage projects to key outcomes and deadlines
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts and desire to seek innovative solutions to complex challenges
- A high degree of integrity, authenticity, and a good sense of humor
- Willingness to travel ~15% of the time
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $100,000 – $110,000 for NYC hires or $90,000 – $100,000 for non-NYC hires. Role is eligible for an annual performance bonus of up to 10%. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We are proud to offer excellent benefits including a 6% 401k match.
How to Apply
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, visit https://boards.greenhouse.io/eqfund/jobs/6583499002