Company: Corporation for Supportive Housing
Location: Any, Remote
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Who we are:
For over 30 years, CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We have created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. CSH is now accepting applications for an Associate Community Investment Officer to join our Community Investment (CI) Team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a creative, results-oriented individual committed to racial equity with a passion for CSH’s mission and the work of our Community Investment team. We need your expertise to assist Community Investment Officers and Senior Community Investment Officers with due diligence and analysis to originate early stage acquisition and predevelopment loans for multi-family housing developments that include supportive housing, to originate early stage Project Initiation Loans, and to support data collection and training and resource development efforts.
This is a remote position. The work location is flexible but candidates are required to live in close proximity to a major airport and within our current geographic footprint. Please identify preferred location in your application.
What you will do:
- Assist Community Investment Officers and Senior Community Investment Officers with feasibility analysis, underwriting, due diligence and preparation of loan proposals for investments in multifamily mixed-income housing developments that include supportive housing.
- Originate Project Initiation Loans identified by Community Investment Officers, Senior Community Investment Officers and Director of RACE Initiative.
- Support the Community Investment team’s data collection and analysis efforts.
- Support the Community Investment team’s training and resource development efforts.
- Support the Community Investment team’s effort to engage with BIPOC developers to ensure their needs and perspectives are centered in CSH’s lending.
- Assist in collection and organization of feedback on proposed plans, policies, regulations and funding programs, including zoning and land use ordinances, that hinder or incentivize the creation of supportive housing.
- Support loan closing and loan servicing teams.
- Promote visibility in market, including through attendance at conferences and other regional events.
Working for CSH
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equity and treating each other and our community partners with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectations of this role.
Specifically, we are seeking Associate Community Investment Officer candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree. Experience may substitute for education.
- Demonstrated interest in affordable or supportive housing lending or development.
- Interest in issues related to supportive housing including homelessness, affordable housing development, public finance, public housing, community development/planning, or support service programs that address mental illness or substance use issues.
- Familiarity with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program, Section 8 and other affordable and supportive housing government funding programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments to successful completion with external and self-imposed timelines.
- An understanding of institutional/structural racism and bias and their impact on underrepresented communities.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and computer skills.
Compensation and Benefits
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries based on geographic location. Our ranges are broad and it is customary for candidates to join CSH at the lower half of the range to leave room for growth, learning, and development in the role and range. It is uncommon for salaries to fall above the mid-point at the time of hire. We negotiate actual salaries with final candidates based on their exact location, experience in similar roles and expertise related to the qualifications. This information is offered in support of our commitment to transparency.
- ACIO in highest geography (E.G NY, Bay Area): $70,000 – $94,000
- ACIO in mid-range geography (E.G. Chicago, Los Angeles): $65,000 – $85,000
- ACIO in highest geography (E.G NY, Bay Area): $55,000 – $74,000
How to Apply
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply through the link. All candidates should attach their Resume and Cover Letter as one Microsoft Word or PDF document, and note the location from which you seek to work. Candidates who apply by October 31st are assured consideration.