Associate, Aeris Ratings
Company: Aeris Insight, Inc.
Location: , Remote
Job Function: Finance
Aeris is the leading expert in the financial and impact performance of community development financial institutions (CDFIs) and other private impact loan funds. These mission-driven financial institutions make loans and investments to generate deep social and environmental impact in communities. Drawing upon our in-depth knowledge, Aeris guides capital to good by providing indispensable tools and solutions to more than 200 corporate, government, and philanthropic CDFI investors and other stakeholders. Since 2004, Aeris® Ratings, analyses, and data have grown to cover more than 150 CDFIs managing more than $19 billion in loan capital.
Job Title: Associate, Aeris Ratings
Supervisor: Associate Director, Operations and Ratings
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Philadelphia, PA/Remote
Aeris seeks a self-motivated, talented professional to join our dynamic Operations Team as an Associate, Ratings Operations. This position offers the opportunity to work in a team environment and learn new skills, content, and ideas to help guide capital to historically marginalized communities and underserved people in the United States.
Collaboration with Aeris staff, Analysts, and rated institutions is key, as well as managing and maintaining the Aeris Cloud, Aeris’ industry-first database of standardized CDFI performance data. Key success measures are quality, quantity, accuracy, timeliness, and teamwork.
The Associate must be able to manage performance of scheduled workloads and flexible to work in a team environment in response to changing business needs and priorities. Prior experience interpreting and analyzing the financial statements of lending institutions is preferred. The Associate position is designed to provide a foundation for other opportunities in the company and the industry.
- Manage CDFIs’ data and document submissions to the Aeris Cloud and verify the accuracy of the data submitted. Ensure timely upload of CDFIs’ quarterly financial statements, performance data and annual audits.
- Produce calculated ratios and related tables and graphs for rating analysis or quarterly reporting. Proof and finalize quarterly financial statements and reported performance metrics.
- Prepare detailed financial and narrative report templates for Aeris Analysts.
- Communicate with CDFIs and Aeris Analysts regarding clarification of materials submitted and requests for additional data.
- Lead webinar demonstrations of the Aeris Cloud for external users.
- Promote Aeris’ leadership in the field by participating in industry convenings/events, both virtual and in-person.
Your professional experience should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or related fields;
- 1-3 years of professional experience in financial services;
- Demonstrated accounting experience and education;
- Familiarity with nonprofit financial statements is a plus.
Your knowledge and skills should include:
- Strong accounting knowledge and skills, proficiency in production and analysis of lender financials, nonprofit financial reporting experience a plus.
- Timeliness, focus on detailed work for accuracy, thoroughness, self-motivation, and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication of a professional quality
- Superior professional interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and in teams and with diverse constituents
- Advanced Excel and Word skills, familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) systems desired; preferably Salesforce.com
- Alignment of personal goals with Aeris’ mission and the field of impact investing
No extraordinary physical requirements are required beyond ability to travel (5%). ADA/EOE
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits information is available upon request.
How to Apply
Applicants should send resume and cover letter as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Search: Associate, Aeris Ratings.”