Assistant Program Officer
Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: Providence, RI
Job Function: Community Outreach
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC believes that Rhode Island’s long-term success will be measured by the extent to which all individuals – regardless of income, race or zip code – have access to safe, healthy, sustainable communities with housing and economic choices that put them on the path to financial security, health and wellbeing. We envision a region where residents are connected to their communities and can plan to stay there. A place where community residents build wealth through good jobs and entrepreneurship. A place where community residents drive action to improve their neighborhoods because they feel a sense of ownership and empowerment. Where neighborhoods have strong and responsive community organizations driven by residents’ needs and ideas.
The Assistant Program Office ( APO) will also work closely with the team to support LISC Rhode Island’s program implementation and operations. Responsibilities will include:
- Primary support to and work with the LISC operated Rhode Island Child Care and Early Learning Facilities Fund (RICCELFF), an innovative public-private partnership dedicated to expanding access to quality child care and early education spaces in low-income communities throughout Rhode Island. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Provide targeted technical assistance to child care and early learning centers, CDCs and non-profit organizations seeking to make facility improvements
- Assist in the development and marketing of RICCELFF Educational Resources
- Assist in the development and implementation of training workshops, seminars, meetings and special events for groups generally ranging in size from 15 –100
- Additional support to and work with the RI team in the following program areas:
- Health Equity Zone/Health
- Economic Development and Small Business
- Community Development and Investment
- Workforce Development/SNAP ET
- Connect local partners with LISC resources (technical assistance, trainings, etc.)
- Develop accurate, accessible and up to date information on grantee/partner projects and program accomplishments
- Provide logistical and programmatic support for LISC RI meetings, conferences, training workshops, and tours to foster strong participation and connections. To accommodate our stakeholders, periodic evening and weekend work may be required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Information and Client Management Systems
- Working with the SPOs, POs and local team, establish and populate a client management system using Access with connections to Outlook and Salesforce
- Develop and oversee transition to electronic file management, with paper files as required.
- Maintain and troubleshoot computers and other office equipment. Work with LISC IT as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred however relevant work experience can be considered as proxy.
- Two or more years of work-related community investment and program activity experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Well-organized, detail oriented. Must be able to both set priorities for a challenging workload and work simultaneously on multiple tasks without compromising quality.
- Excellent customer service, relationship management and communications skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Less than 5% annually, domestic travel for peer learning, training and national LISC activities
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
LISC is an equal opportunity employer. LISC does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military status or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
How to Apply
To apply please submit your application using this link: Assistant Program Officer