Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Location: Columbia, MD
Job Function: Accounting
Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good home possible for the millions of families without one. We support community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of government, and build and manage communities ourselves.
Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good home possible for the millions of families without one. We support community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of government, and build and manage communities ourselves. Since 1982, we have invested $54 billion and created 873,000 homes across all 50 states – all to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging.
Join us at enterprisecommunity.org.
Working at Enterprise
At Enterprise, you’ll be part of a diverse, committed team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You’ll be empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance racial equity. And you will find a career home where you’re valued and supported in your growth journey.
Enterprise offers career opportunities in our offices across the country with anexceptional benefits package.
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Controller, Corporate Accounting is responsible for managing all facets of financial reporting for the corporate shared services teams including but not limited to accounting, reporting, analyses, budgeting and forecasting, cost allocations, and financial projections for other corporate areas. This position works across all facets of Enterprise business and must have a good understanding of the business and be able to collaborate with all levels of management. This position requires excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), organizational, analytical, computer skills, and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, team-oriented environment with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, effective member of the finance team. The successful candidate should possess strong technological skills and must possess robust accounting and reporting experience and be a proven team member.
This position will be based in our Columbia office and includes a hybrid working environment.
- Support the Director in maintenance of systems, processes, and policies/procedures to monitor and maintain accurate financial and tax reporting.
- Serve as finance partner for the leads of shared services functions including accounting for their areas and analyzing operating results to ensure results are reasonable, researching issues and adjusting results as necessary, organizing and leading monthly check-in meetings, providing them with periodic financial reporting, working with them on annual budgets and forecasts, and providing ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Assist the Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services (CREWS) team in managing rent payments, security deposit payments and collections, tenant allowances, and other payments and deposits.
- Support CREWS team in preparing financial analyses when evaluating office leasing scenarios.
- Review and interpret new leases and ensure accounting/disclosures are appropriately established and updated.
- Budget and forecast rent expense for the organization; maintain cash/GAAP schedules and allocation rules for rent costs and monitor trends in rent expense allocation drivers.
- Record miscellaneous entries as needed for corporate and shared service cost centers and ensure costs are reconciled and issues are researched and resolved timely.
- Support the development, maintenance, and reporting of shared services and other corporate KPIs and metrics
- Work to continually improve communication, processes, and allocation methodologies related to shared services costs, working to automate allocations and reports, leveraging Enterprise systems and platforms.
- Assist with organization/coordination of internal finance trainings
- Support insurance expense allocation effort
- Coordinate corporate payroll activities and entries with the Director, Payroll
- Support the Director in driving process efficiencies in daily tasks, the close process, and in the identification of process improvements through automation, leveraging systems and in the cross training of employees. This includes working to improve use of the accounting system functionality.
- Support a robust internal control environment designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This includes maintaining related policies and procedures.
- Cross-train and provide support when needed for other corporate finance functions, including oversight of accounts receivable function, bank reconciliations and accounts payable support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent is required, CPA is a plus
- 5-7 years’ accounting, public accounting, non-profit experience preferred
- Must possess strong financial, analytical, organizational, and quantitative skills, and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines with a quality, accurate work product.
- Must be highly motivated, be able to work independently and possess strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate strong ethics, interpersonal and communication skills to represent the interests of Enterprise both within and outside the organization.
- Proficient with Excel and Word and ability to quickly learn new software and systems is required.
- Experience with accounting systems required, experience with Workday preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) is required
- Must demonstrate strong ethics and professionalism and understand how to work with confidential information.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Ability to work under stress/pressure
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours during peak periods
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply