Company: New Markets Support Company (NMSC)
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Function: Financial Services
New Markets Support Company (NMSC) provides collaborative financing solutions that bridge the gap between investors and underinvested communities. Our investment strategies focus on increasing access to healthcare, quality jobs, and wealth-building opportunities – especially those that help address racial inequities in the US.
Having received over $1B in allocation, we are one of the largest NMTC awardees since the program’s inception. NMSC is now leveraging our NMTC experience to build an NMTC syndication business facilitating new untraditional and impact focused NMTC investors to enter the market.
With over $500 million in AUM and $1 billion under administration, NMSC is uniquely positioned to drive capital at scale to solutions creating more equitable, just, healthy, and prosperous communities. We are a part of LISC, the nation’s preeminent community development finance institution.
NMSC is seeking an Associate to lead our Asset Management and Compliance team for our NMTC investing. The Associate will manage two Analysts and will be responsible for portfolio and asset management for NMSC and client New Market Tax Credit portfolios. The Associate will also be responsible for New Market Tax Credit compliance reporting for LISC, NMSC and clients.
- Supervise two asset management analysts
- Act as primary point of contact for portfolio matters with NMSC Senior Management, LISC, NMTC clients, NMTC equity investors, and deal syndicate partners and co-lenders
- Collection of all financial, compliance and community impact data from NMSC and client borrowers
- Manage portfolio reviews inclusive of reviewing analysts’ data entry and analysis, financial statement spreading and risk rating of all investments
- Manage production of asset specific reports and portfolio performance reports and collaborate across NMSC teams for on periodic reporting
- Coordinate waivers, amendments, and modifications as needed with origination partners and team leaders.
- Oversee data entry into AMIS of NMSC, LISC, and client data
- Annual collection of NMTC compliance data
- Transition transactions from closing process to asset management
- Oversee construction draw review and funding process
- Manage NMTC exits with outside legal counsel.
- Commitment to NMSC’s mission and to work with and for diverse low-income communities
- Three or more years of experience with asset management in community development, impact investing or community banking.
- Experience with CDFI Fund reporting in AMIS strongly preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage time and resources to complete work efficiently and within established timeframes
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a remote, team-based environment
Compensation and Benefits
While our office is in Chicago, the Associate can be based anywhere in the United States. The role will involve periodic travel to Chicago.
As an organization committed to creating good jobs, we walk the talk. We offer competitive salaries based on candidates’ experiences and skills, plus a sizeable performance bonus. We provide excellent benefits including full health, dental and vision insurance, ample paid time off and holidays, and more.
How to Apply
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to our values and mission, so we partnered with Applied, the leading platform for de-biased recruiting. Please click on this link to submit your resume and answer a few questions about your experience, skills, and interests.
NMSC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. For more information on NMSC, please visit https://www.lisc.org/new-markets-support-company/.