Company: Community Development Venture Capital Alliance
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Finance
The Community Development Venture Capital Alliance (CDVCA) is a 27-year-old not-for-profit organization that promotes the availability and use of startup and growth risk capital to create good jobs, entrepreneurial capacity, and productive wealth that advance the livelihoods of low-income people and the economies of distressed communities. CDVCA accomplishes this mission by building the capacity of the community development venture capital industry through training, technical assistance, networking, peer learning, best practice development, and creating a positive public policy environment.
CDVCA also makes its own investments in funds and directly in businesses. Since 2001, CDVCA has raised and managed more than $300 million of private capital, including the $46 million Innovate NY Fund, the $45 million Puerto Rico Fund for Growth, and smaller funds focused on states, including Kentucky, Mississippi, Illinois, Arkansas, Florida, Nebraska, and Nevada.
CDVCA is certified by the US Department of the Treasury as both a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and a Community Development Entity (CDE). CDVCA has offices and staff in New York City and Puerto Rico.
The Analyst’s primary responsibility will be assisting in the management of existing and growing investment portfolios. The Analyst will gather, analyze, and present data and other information regarding the financial returns and social impact of CDVCA’s investment portfolios. The Analyst will have opportunities to participate in all stages of the investment process and become involved in broader CDVCA activities.
- Analyze and compile financial and impact data for internal and external reporting
- Participate in and support all aspects of the CDVCA investment team, with a focus on fund performance and measurement, as well as investment screening, analysis, and presentation
- Support in pipeline development and tracking for prospective investments
- Participate in investment analysis; manage investment closing requirements and processes
- Participate in evaluating, structuring, and closing new investments
- Collaborate with internal (CDVCA management and accounting) and external (banks, investment partners, fund managers, entrepreneurs) constituents
- Provide support to CDVCA staff on project-specific data analysis
- Support CDVCA programs as requested and necessary
- Knowledge of and familiarity with investment analysis, financial accounting, and/or corporate finance
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis
- A flair for statistics and data manipulation
- Demonstrated success working simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects, with both internal and external parties, to meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- Experience working effectively, both autonomously and in a small team environment
- Understanding of and interest in community development, social impact and/or impact investing
- Extensive experience and skills using Microsoft Excel; proficiency with the other software in the Microsoft 365 suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field
- Two or more years’ experience in a high performing team working in finance, business administration or related field
- MBA preferred, graduate degree, or equivalent work experience
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
CDVCA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
How to Apply
Please address cover letter and resume to Alexandria Harris and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Analyst in the subject line. Projected start May/June 2022.