Company: New Markets Support Company (NMSC)
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Function: Financial Services
New Markets Support Company (NMSC) provides collaborative financing solutions that bridge the gap between investors and underinvested communities. We offer fund management and administration services across the entire investment lifecycle – from fund idea to exit – boosting the capacity of both investors and fund managers in the community investing market. Our investment strategies focus on increasing access to healthcare, quality jobs, and wealth-building opportunities – especially those that help address racial inequities in the US.
With over $500 million in AUM and $1 billion under administration, NMSC is uniquely positioned to drive capital at scale to solutions creating more equitable, just, healthy, and prosperous communities. We are a part of LISC, the nation’s preeminent community development finance institution.
The Fund Management (FM) team is the primary contact for NMSC’s Fund Services clients. The main responsibilities are fund development, raising capital, financial structuring and modeling, investor relations, and overseeing fund operations, including capital decision-making, administrative activities, and reporting to investors.
The analyst will help maintain financial models for NMSC and its clients. They will assist Fund Managers in their decision-making with quantitative and qualitative analysis and research. They will monitor reporting requirements, update internal reports, assist with fund operations and complete ad hoc financial analysis.
- Maintain investment fund models and assist in managing and monitoring fund performance
- Assist team in preparing for investor, client and business development meetings
- Track, compile, and deliver reporting to investors, satisfying fund agreements
- Ensure adherence to programmatic and regulatory requirements of the New Markets Tax Credit program
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis, due diligence and work as assigned
You should have a strong interest in investments and financial markets with a demonstrated desire to continually build upon that knowledge. You should be able to work independently and as a member of a team. You should be an individual who is disciplined, highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and someone who performs well with multiple projects going on simultaneously.
● Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field
● Interest in structured finance and/or public-private investing
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with strong analytical skills
● Strong interpersonal skills with the willingness to take on a leadership role
● Propensity to efficiently manage time and resources to meet deadlines
● Strong alignment with NMSC’s Values
Compensation and Benefits
This position will be based out of our office located in Chicago, IL, though you can work from home/remotely. The role may require minimal travel.
As an organization committed to creating good jobs, we walk the talk. We offer competitive salaries based on candidates’ experiences and skills, plus a performance bonus. We provide excellent benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, a vesting retirement savings plan with a generous match, ample paid time off and holidays, and more.
How to Apply
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to our values and mission, so we partnered with Applied, the leading platform for de-biased recruiting. Please click on this link to submit your resume and answer a few questions about your experience, skills and interests.
NMSC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. For more information on NMSC, please visit https://www.lisc.org/new-markets-support-company/.