Company: Latino Economic Development Center
Location: Greater Minnesota, MN
Job Function: Business Development
LEDC aims to transform our community by creating economic opportunities for Latinos. We envision a region and state with a thriving multicultural community enriched with Latino leadership, culture, and economic influence. Our overarching goal is to help Latinos achieve economic prosperity through entrepreneurship and small business development. Since its inception in 2003, LEDC has earned its place as a trusted partner for Minnesota’s Latino and immigrant communities, providing education, lending, and technical assistance to small businesses in the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota. We are a Latino-led, fully bilingual organization, rich in lived experience and nuanced understanding of our clients,…
The Agricultural Land Access Coordinator is a new position at LEDC. LEDC is in the process of creating a strong Land Access program for emerging Latino farmers in Minnesota, to complement our ag lending program. This position will work closely with the Agricultural Program Director to create the vision and implement the program from the ground up. The Land Access Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating key partnerships with allied organizations, conduct outreach in the Minnesota Latino Community, and help guide farmers through accessing their own land. The Land Access program will prioritize helping farmers gain access to capital, markets, and land. The Land Access Coordinator will play a vital role in the success of the Land Access Program and will have ample opportunity to lead and shape the program. LEDC Land Access Coordinator will also provide individual and classroom technical assistance, including farm financial advice, business development, and loan under-writing to farmers within LEDC’s network. The Agricultural Land Access Coordinator will work with the Agricultural Program Team to help expand LEDC’s Agricultural work to more farmers in greater Minnesota, helping with partnership development, Minnesota Agricultural policy, and expansion of programing into new areas. The Agricultural Land Access Coordinator will be expected to travel within Minnesota on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of the Land Access Program including partnership communications, farmer communications, event coordination, and other key logistics.
- Along with Agricultural Program Director, research, develop, implement key components of Land Access Program.
- Coordinate outreach to Latino community regarding LEDC’s Land Access Program and related programing.
- Work with LEDC clients to secure LEDC Agricultural loans, along with partnering with other lending institutions to secure loans for farmers.
- Travel to farms across rural Minnesota to meet with farmers.
- Attend pertinent committee meetings to help inform partner organizations and MinnesotaDepartment of Agriculture on needs and priorities of Latino farmers in Minnesota.
- Work with Business Development Department in rural Minnesota as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Spanish Language fluency
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of clients and partneringorganizations.
- Strong background in financial management of small businesses, business development, orfarmland acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Background in farm finances, farm tax preparation, and lending preferred.
- Background in Agriculture preferred.
- Need to have own vehicle for traveling in Rural Minnesota. All mileage will be reimbursed atFederal reimbursement rate.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years related experience in business development, financial technical assistance,and/or direct farming experience.
Demonstrated ability to connect with the Latino community within the rural landscape.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full time, 40 hours a week
- Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 + excellent benefits
- Benefits: 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for employee and for family members
- Life insurance
- Employer matched retirement account
- Paid time off, sick leave, vacation and holidays, including parental leaveThis is a salaried position. Candidates must be able and willing to be flexible and work some evenings and weekends as needed. LEDC is an Equal Opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Land Access Coordinator: [your name] in the subject line. We expect to begin interviewing candidates on the week of September 25th.