Company: Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC)
Location: , MN
Job Function: Accounting
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a nonprofit organization that provides economic opportunities for Latinos in Minnesota by offering ongoing business development technical assistance, access to lending capital, and training business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs with relevant skills and technologies. LEDC has been engaged in this work for nearly two decades and, as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), can release capital from a wide range of philanthropic, corporate, and governmental sources to invest consistent with the mission, goals, and activities described above.
The Agricultural Development Associate will provide technical assistance, including farm financial advice, business development, access to capital, and tax preparation, to farmers within LEDC’s network. The Agricultural Development Associate will work with the Agricultural Program Team to help expand LEDC’s Agricultural work to more farmers in greater Minnesota, helping with partnership development, Minnesota Agricultural policy, and expansion of programing into new areas. The Agricultural Development Associate will be expected to travel within Minnesota on an as needed basis. Position can be based anywhere within Minnesota. Preference will be given to rural candidates.
- Assist LEDC clients with technical assistance primarily focused on financial assistance: bookkeeping, business registration, access to capital, and tax preparation.
- Work with LEDC clients to secure LEDC Agricultural loans, along with partnering with other lending institutions to secure loans for farmers.
- Travel to farms across rural Minnesota to meet with
- Attend pertinent committee meetings to help inform partner organizations and Minnesota Department of Agriculture on needs and priorities of Latino farmers in Minnesota.
- Work closely with Program Director and other Agricultural staff to provide in-field technical assistance as needed.
- Work with Business Development Department in rural Minnesota as necessary
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of clients and partnering
- Strong background in financial management of small businesses or business
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a proven ability to meet
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize
- Background in farm finances, farm tax preparation, and lending
- Background in Agriculture
- Need to have own vehicle for traveling in Rural All mileage will be reimbursed at Federal reimbursement rate.
Education and Experience:
- Prefer Bachelor Degree in Ag Finance, Business management, or economics but will consider equivalent experience
- At least two years related experience in business development, financial technical assistance, and/or direct farming experience.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with the Latino community within the rural
Compensation and Benefits
$40,000 – $50,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits (Blue Cross Blue Shield, flexible PTO, smart phone allowance, etc)
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Aaron Blyth at email@example.com