Company: Latino Economic Development Center
Location: Greater Minnesota, MN
Job Function: Business Development
LEDC aims to transform our community by creating economic opportunities for Latinos. We envision a region and state with a thriving multicultural community enriched with Latino leadership, culture, and economic influence. Our overarching goal is to help Latinos achieve economic prosperity through entrepreneurship and small business development. Since its inception in 2003, LEDC has earned its place as a trusted partner for Minnesota’s Latino and immigrant communities, providing education, lending, and technical assistance to small businesses in the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota. We are a Latino-led, fully bilingual organization, rich in lived experience and nuanced understanding of our clients,…
The Agricultural Development Associate will provide individual and classroom technical assistance, including farm financial advice, business development, access to capital, and tax preparation, to farmers within LEDC’s network. The Agricultural Development Associate will work with the Agricultural Program Team to help expand LEDC’s Agricultural work to more farmers in greater Minnesota, helping with partnership development, Minnesota Agricultural policy, and expansion of programing into new areas. The Agricultural Development Associate will play a strong role in helping farmers gain access to capital through LEDC’s CDFI and other Agricultural Lenders. The Agricultural Development Associate will be expected to travel within Minnesota on an as needed basis.
- Assist LEDC clients with technical assistance primarily focused on financial assistance: bookkeeping, business registration, access to capital, and tax preparation.
- Work with LEDC clients to secure LEDC Agricultural loans, along with partnering with other lending institutions to secure loans for farmers.
- Travel to farms across rural Minnesota to meet with farmers.
- Attend pertinent committee meetings to help inform partner organizations and MinnesotaDepartment of Agriculture on needs and priorities of Latino farmers in Minnesota.
- Work closely with Program Director and other Agricultural staff to provide in-field technicalassistance as needed.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of a Farm Financial Resiliency workshop series.
- Work with Business Development Department in rural Minnesota as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Spanish Language fluency
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of clients and partneringorganizations.
- Strong background in financial management of small businesses or business development.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Background in farm finances, farm tax preparation, and lending preferred.
- Background in Agriculture preferred.
- Need to have own vehicle for traveling in Rural Minnesota. All mileage will be reimbursed atFederal reimbursement rate.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a salaried position. Candidates must be able and willing to be flexible and work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Full time, 40 hours a week
- Salary: $40,000 – $45,000 + excellent benefits
- Benefits: 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for employee and for family members
- Life insurance
- Employer matched retirement account
- Paid time off, sick leave, vacation and holidays, including parental leave
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Ag Development Associate: [your name] in the subject line. We expect to begin interviewing candidates on the week of September 11-15.