Location: Lansing, MI
Job Function: Accounting
WHO WE ARE
Cinnaire is a mission-driven organization. Our team of more than 130 individuals are united by our core purpose. As dedicated problem solvers, we start each day thinking ‘what kind of difference can we make in people’s lives today?’ and then go about revitalizing communities, empowering individuals and creating economic opportunities.
WHAT WE DO
We get involved. We spend time on the ground in the communities we serve, getting to know the people, understanding their challenges, and devising out-of-the-box solutions. Ours is a people-first approach to advancing communities. As a community development financial organization, we provide creative capital solutions to projects with high social value that may not otherwise receive support from traditional financial institutions. Our toolkit of services includes programs that lend funds, finance development and manage and build all the components of strong, vibrant communities.
HOW WE DO IT
We help community development organizations, lending partners and socially motivated investors accomplish goals in underserved communities. We fill gaps in community development funding by leveraging capital from public and private sector organizations and bringing expertise to communities that need it most.
WHERE WE SERVE
Since 1993, Cinnaire has funded affordable housing developments and community development initiatives throughout the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states. Headquartered in Lansing Michigan, we have offices in Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI:, Milwaukee and Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; and Wilmington, DE, while providing financial and development support across our nine-state footprint including Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.
The Accounts Payable Clerk (APC) works in a fast-paced/high-volume environment and is responsible for processing accounts payable invoices, purchase requisitions, and check requests. The APC assists Cinnaire’s vendors with invoicing issues and is responsible for ensuring that checks are dispersed per vendor and company terms. The APC works with the accounting team to ensure the expenditures are coded properly to each entity and expense account to ensure accuracy across our organization.
- Verifies vendor accounts, pays vendors, and resolves purchase orders, invoices or payment discrepancies.
- Issues purchase order amendments and stop payments.
- Reconciles account transactions with the general ledger.
- Performs recordkeeping and prepares financial reports.
- Matches purchase orders and receivers to invoices. Identifies errors or discrepancies and resolves them before processing.
- For Invoices without purchase orders, reviews invoice, prepares and routes for approval, obtains signatures; follows up as necessary to ensure open invoices are approved and paid timely.
- Prepares weekly payment plan for supervisor approval and assists with forecasting future weekly payments for cash flow purposes.
- Processes batches of invoices for data entry, backs up reports, and manages the weekly check run.
- Processes weekly wires, including setting up wire templates and initiating wires.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience and general knowledge of the Accounts Payable function
- Strong working knowledge of the general ledger and its relationship to financial statements.
- Ability to reconcile vendor statements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances. Doesn’t limit problem solving to one approach or methodology.
- Customer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services.
- Diversity Awareness: Identifies the benefits and advantages of harnessing the collective insights from various individuals in the organization.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Accounting Manager
Supervisory Relationship: None
- The ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: Minimal
Compensation and Benefits
Cinnaire offers a competitive compensation package.
Benefits Offered: Medical, Health Reimbursement Account, Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Paid Mobile Phone Service, Unlimited PTO, Incentive Compensation, 403(b) Plan, and Profit-Sharing Plan.