Company: True Access Capital
Location: Wilmington, DE
Job Function: Accounting
Established in 1992, True Access Capital (TAC) is a not-for-profit, federally certified, Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that supports small businesses and community development projects, with a special emphasis in Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), low-income and other underserved communities. TAC’s mission is building a thriving community by empowering a diverse base of entrepreneurs and businesses through access to capital, education, advocacy and opportunity. TAC services the State of Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania.
The Finance Director, a member of TAC’s leadership team, manages all aspects of the organization’s financial, accounting, payroll/benefits, general ledger, vendor management, and investor compliance systems. Provides reports on TAC’s operating budget and manages accounting function, working closely with President & CEO. Our ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of both non-profit accounting and lending industry accounting, as well as possess excellent people management skills. This is a “roll up your sleeves” working manager position, which requires an entrepreneurial approach and strong analytical skills. The Finance Director will ensure all financial accounting and reporting activities of the organization operate ethically and consistent with the TAC’s mission and values. She/He must be committed to TAC’s mission in providing services to a diverse population.
- Manages financial systems, including implementing all financial policies and procedures.
- Execute all accounting functions and coordinate timely and accurate processing of deposits, payments, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Manages all financial/accounting transaction activity, including processing all general ledger transactions, and monthly cash account reconciliations.
- Serves as administrator for accounting and timekeeping software programs.
- Produces timely and accurate financial reports for review by President & CEO.
- Works with Leadership Team on development of annual operating budget.
- Prepares for and manages annual audit with external auditors.
- Assures corporate tax compliance by ensuring the accurate and timely completion of all corporate tax returns.
- Supports Director of Lending and President & CEO with maintaining loan management system reports and reconciliations, as well as external lending/investor management reports.
- Prepares all loan-related grant and contract-based program financial report deliverables.
- Prepares and ensures compliance with all investor covenant and reporting requirements.
- Identifies opportunities to incorporate industry best practices, draft proposed processes and policy changes, and help document then train staff.
- Participates in strategic planning sessions and regular senior management meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by President & CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-10 years’ work experience in comparable previous work experience.
- 5+ years professional experience in accounting, financial services, or related field required.
- 2+ years professional experience working with human resource financial functions required.
- 3+ years in a supervisory or managerial capacity preferred.
- Experience in management or nonprofit financial systems highly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, and retirement plan.
How to Apply
Interested parties should email their email your resume with cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.