Company: ECDI - Economic and Community Development Institute
Location: Columbus, OH
Job Function: Accounting
ECDI is a nonprofit organization, dedicated to serving underserved and underbanked small business owners. Our goal is to assure that every entrepreneur – regardless of where they came from, where they live, their gender or their race has access to funding and the business mentoring services they need to succeed.
We’re based in Columbus, with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, Portsmouth, and Toledo. For small business clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, we serve a one-stop resource center.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent while providing learning and professional advancement opportunities for our employees. We strive to advance our mission and bring equitable opportunity to all those we serve and employ.
The Economic and Community Development Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
Our Recruiting Process:
- 20-minute call with recruiter
- 60-minute video call with panel interview
- Job offer
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounting Coordinator is responsible for receiving, processing, and verifying accounts payable and accounts receivable. The position ensures fiscal policies compliance and maintains accurate data entry into the financial accounting system.
This position is a hybrid role and will spend time in-office for collaborative work and projects, as determined by manager and business need.
Candidates for this position must be located in the Central Ohio Area.
- Prepare daily bank deposits, complete deposit slips, and go to the bank to make deposits
- Record daily cash receipts in financial accounting system
- Conduct monthly analysis of Food Fort revenue and follow-up with the Food Incubation Manager for an analysis by account code
Accounts Payable Processing
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Review all employee expense reimbursement reports prior to payment
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
- Ensure timely and accurate posting of accounts payable to the general ledger
- Process all invoices, reimbursements and check requests received from vendors and internal parties
- Answer any questions staff may have regarding accounts receivable or payable
- Notify Controller when to issue stop-payments
Accounts Payable Administration
- Maintain accurate vendor information within the accounting system to add, inactivate, and modify information as needed
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos
- Regularly monitor shared email inboxes to ensure that all invoices are received and processed in a timely manner, and respond to the sender when any further information is necessary
- Prepare 1099’s for vendors at the end of the calendar year with support of the Controller
- Provide excellent customer service to employees and all vendors
- Actively seek to identify and apply cost-reduction opportunities, including available discounts
Credit Card Management
- Ensure back-up for all credit card transactions is obtained and submitted, and follow-up on the same as needed
- Conduct monthly recording of credit card transactions in the financial accounting system
- Research and support staff on any credit cards inquiries
- Assist other Fiscal team members in researching and resolving issues
- Assist the Senior Accountant in providing payables document for grants reporting
- Assist the Controller with completing monthly and yearly close
- Assist with the annual audit
- Provide support with miscellaneous reporting as needed
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to all ECDI policies and procedures
- Participate in meetings and provide suggestions for improvement for the department
Perform other related activities, as required, to assure department and organizational success
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Computer Skills – Experience with and knowledge of computer operation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to read legal documentation a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree with a focus in accounting, legal, and/or finance.
- Two (2) or more years’ working experience with commercial and residential loan processing and servicing preferred.
- Experience working with multiple online banking systems.
- Experience with financial accounting systems required.
- Occasional after hours
- This position is a hybrid role and will spend time in-office for collaborative work and projects, as determined by manager and business need.
- Must have access to transportation to travel to and from the office.
- Typically, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% or more of the time. The person in this position will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Positions self to move items up to 15 pounds, such as printer paper boxes across the office as needed.
- Must avoid risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
ECDI offers a holistic benefits package that reflects how much we value our employees. Benefits include:
- Healthcare (including qualified dependents)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Pet Benefits
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD
- 401(k) Plan
- Educational assistance program
- A generous time off package
- Take your Birthday off – Its paid!
- Hybrid Environment (during business hours)
ECDI is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) qualified employer.
How to Apply
Please apply on our jobs page: https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/SubmitResume.action?id=8a7883ac84f50127018507cc46695894&source=OFN