Company: Low Income Housing Institute
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Function: Accounting
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
HOURS: 40 hours per week, full time
PAY RANGE: $26.03-35.58 per hour
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, life/disability, retirement, vacation & sick leave
POSITION TYPE: This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU). This is a non-exempt position.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing finance and accounting functions for LIHI, Partnerships, and LLCs. This is a non- exempt position.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts and ad hoc reconciliations.
• Process journal entries and accruals.
• Process month-end and year-end closing.
• Financial Statements preparation.
• Assist with annual budgets.
• AP processing and knowledge of cash requirements.
• AR/cash receipts processing and reconciliation of rent rolls.
• Prepare schedules on monthly, quarterly, annual basis and organize audit work papers.
• Understand Grants and Contracts for the projects.
• Actively contribute information to streamline procedures.
• Manage flow of paperwork in department
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a staff accountant with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related fields. Experience may be substituted.
• The ideal candidate is one who has previous accounting experience in AP, AR, month end closing, financial analysis, reconciliation, variance analysis, budgets, forecasting, and quarterly reporting.
• Experience with accounting systems and property management systems preferred.
• Experience in real estate, construction, property management, or nonprofit accounting preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to learn quickly, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Flexible and willing to work evenings/weekends during busy times. Ability to teach other staff members. Must be a motivated a team player.
• Self-starter with good problem solving skills and ability to interact and communicate positively and successfully with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word required.
• Ability to interact with senior management.
• Must pass criminal background check and drug screen.
New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date; except where accommodations are required by law. Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required unless an accommodation is made.
The Low Income Housing Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified members of historically marginalized and underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply. LIHI participates in the e-verify system.
The Low Income Housing Institute (LIHI) has a 30-year history and track record of owning and managing low-income housing; developing innovative solutions to homelessness; advocating for housing justice; providing supportive services; and operating hygiene services for homeless people at our Urban Rest Stops. LIHI staff have developed over 4,500 affordable housing units and manages over 2,500 units including rental housing, permanent supportive housing and transitional housing. The populations served include: families, singles, seniors, veterans, young adults, immigrants, low wage workers, and people living with physical and mental disabilities. LIHI is one of the largest nonprofit housing organizations in the state. Our properties are located in Seattle, King County, and five adjacent counties. LIHI is a national leader in sponsoring tiny house villages as a crisis solution to homelessness. Annually, the tiny house villages and shelters serve 1,000 homeless people and our hygiene programs serve over 8,000 homeless people. LIHI is a BIPOC organization committed to anti-displacement, equitable development, and social racial justice. LIHI staff is collaborative, dynamic, and dedicated to taking bold steps in ending homelessness and creating supportive communities for people to thrive.
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply